The Last of a Dying Breed! Lets see your Rim Brake Ride!

Colnagos have a special place for me (raced against a guy a lot that we would battle in Sprints)

Nice whip!

2 Likes

Does he have the SL or SLR? Iā€™m spoiled by the color, and with so many awesome new bikes coming in Blahck or matte colors, its just such a depressing world out there anymore.

That C60 is sweet.

FWIW - Colnago will provide the current frames for rim brakes but it is a special order. My shop just ordered in a C64 and is building it with Campy SR. Beautiful machine (not mine).

-Mark

1 Like

He has the SLR

In the Pacific Northwest where long, steep, wet descents are a common occurrence I have to respectfully disagree that disc brakes are super unnecessary. Disc performance has been a game changer here. But I do covet the lines of rim brakes, if i lived anywhere with consistently dry weather Iā€™d likely be on the rim crew!

2 Likes

I bought the same frame and built it up with existing 11sp etap I had. I added Dura Ace brakes and also went with the aerofly bar. I really, really like the bike and when I put HED black wheels on it donā€™t feel like Iā€™m giving up much in breaking compared to my disc brake gravel bike.

1 Like

Yeah, havenā€™t convinced myself of the need here in San Diego. My dura ace and Ultegra rim brakes are just fine.

1 Like

Iā€™ve ridden this round the Alps and Mallorca, perfectly happy descending with rim brakes although suspect this will be my last bike without discs.

4 Likes

Now resigned to my winter/ inside trainer bike after succumbing to the discs a couple of months agoā€¦!

3 Likes

Re-built my gravel rig earlier this year. Had a lot of fun having my Trek Crockett re-born for some rad gravel adventures. Custom blue color with purple flake. :metal:

4 Likes

Specialized for years, but changed it up this year. Edmonds SLR, Disc, AXS, 12 beautiful speed cassetteā€¦ Really enjoying the bike, and still getting used to it. Now I can keep my Sworks rim brake bike on the trainer and no more tear down. Loving that the most. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Slight tangent, but how do you find the elaston saddle?

For sure. I had 4 sets of wheels I wasnt willing to just blow out to move to disc brakes. I also dont like disc to much as the ones I have had on other bikes always I mean always seem to make noise alllllll the time.

2 Likes

The grass needed a cut in this pic - sorry :scream:

Probably my last rim brake bike but I love riding it so iā€™m in no rush to ā€œupgradeā€

7 Likes

I like it a lot!

I have been using a Elaston Saddle for 2 seasons now and I have never gotten a saddle sore with it and it really engages my sit bones. I ride the saddle level with the nose just hair up and its great.

I actually run a Power Saddle on all of my bikes minus my TT/Tri bike that has the new Sitero Pro on it which also works great for me!

I recommend the saddle a lot!

I like the Canyon line a lot - I see a lot of people run pink accents, I just dont think I could pull it off!!!

Thats great! I got into Gravel this year and love it!!!

1 Like

I am with you - I still have a lot of rim brake products.

1 Like

That is a fantastic looking road bike! I like the looks of Ridley, they have never really been popular in my area though.

1 Like

Very nice! I historically have only had Trek in my garage and started mixing it up.

I really like the new stuff they are doing with the storage integration/lights etc etc its pretty cool.

1 Like