The importance Zero Offset Calibration Favero Assioma Pedals

Unfortunately this also means your power will have been reading wrong, I’ve done this and if the crank length has changed it means the head-unit has overruled the app and calculated the power according to the incorrect crank length.

I have found if I only zero offset with iPhone app and do not touch the HU (Wahoo Bolt), then the crank length is saved (160mm). Otherwise, it becomes a mess, as HU only goes as low as 165mm.

Ah yes true. I’ve used them exclusively on my fixed gear winter bike/commuter and not since March 11th so the effect of this error will be pretty negligible in my current stats I’d imagine.

1 Like

I try to frequently do the zero-offset with the phone app. This allows the app to collect some telemetry data, and allows Assioma support to look at data from your pedals if you see some weird behavior. By using the app you give them more data to give you better support.

2 Likes

I recently purchased the UNOs and am brand new to using a power meter. Is there good standard practices for calibrating your power meter? Should I warm up before running my calibration? The reason I ask is: if I calibrate before starting my workout, without my fan on, and start my fan mid-ride, my power numbers jump. I see that that Assiomas are supposed to compensate for temperature differences but is this jump too big?

What’s your fan blowing at you…pure ice?? :rofl:

I do this before every ride.

If you use the Faveo app, then it sends telemetry back to Favero. If you do this it is easier for them to help diagnose any potential problems with your pedals.
I don’t think turning the fan on should be an issue, however I don’t know the details of what they do for power calibration. I have not seen any issues on mine related to fans, but my fans don’t blow on my feet.
Unfortunately, it is hard to do much diagnosis of power meters without multiple to compare.

I’m curious, what happens if you start with the fan on and then turn it off mid ride, do your numbers change?

+1 on calibrating if you add washers. Following some slight knee issues, I got a bike fitter I’ve used before to have a look at my cleat position. She noticed by right knee wasn’t tracking quite straight. That was largely rectified by adding an additional washer on the right pedal.

The reported power balance (which has always been about 51/49 L-R) suddenly became 55/45 on average, and got to 58/42 on hard efforts. I recalibrated and am back to 51/49. Lesson learned.

Do the Assimoas have a dynamic calibration ? My older Be Pro S does (back pedaling for 12 revs then forward at 80rpm for 40s), it recommended to do it after every re installation and the static calibration (crank @ 6pm) before every ride. I don’t know if it makes a difference but that’s what I do.