Tacx Neo Smart Bike (dedicated bike)

Hey,

Thanks for the reply! I ended up reaching out to Garmin with some pics and videos and they offered to send me a new bike or told me I could try replacing the belt to see if that helped. I replaced the belt yesterday and squeaking or screeching I was hearing is gone. The bike also seems to be running smoother. I’m hoping it continues this way.

The flywheel thing still concerns me. After a 1.5 hour ride, it’s hot to the point where touching it could probably burn you. I know there are supposed to be heat sinks in the bike that dilate the heat and I’m wondering if they’re functioning properly.

Some of the other noises I’ve encountered, I’ve been able to pinpoint to certain components. Some of it was the pedals as I was originally using cheap platforms and I think the bearings were just about shot. Some of it was also the seat creaking which I think can be attributed to the cheap seat the bike comes with. I don’t think they bothered to include a higher quality seat figuring that most people were going to swap it for their own anyway.

Can someone explain a little more about the belt slippage at high wattage? I’m not sure that I’ve experienced it, but I want to make sure I’m looking out for it or will recognize it