Sync running/swim activities to calendar

This would be a great feature. Also, would be great to have the swim/run portion of the triathlon plans fully integrated into the calendar as well rather than just in the notes/tips.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that this feature is on the road map :slight_smile:

By the way, do you have a public Dev Roadmap ?

Hi,

Recently joined TR - wondering if this feature has been implemented or whether I’m doing something wrong?

Ran today but cannot see it in calendar.

Any update on this? @Nate_Pearson

We’re backfilling run and swims right now. We haven’t scheduled any tools to analyze the data yet. It’s still a ways off :frowning:.

6 Likes

He said “its still ways off” which implies that there are plans :slight_smile: In software dev you never want to commit to a date!

If all your data is on Strava you can use my web app (https://intervals.icu) to analyse everything. It will estimate TSS from activities with HR only using previous rides with power and HR to build a model. You can also import your TR training plan. I still need to do something to estimate TSS for swims.

2 Likes

I said it’s not scheduled yet, not that it’s not planned :smiley:. We only schedule out a few months at a time because things change pretty often.

4 Likes

Thanks for the explanation - what does this mean?

3 Likes

In order to support runs and swims, we first need to import thousands of runs and swims into TrainerRoad, which takes a very long time. We are backfilling these workouts from Strava and Garmin Connect and pulling them into TrainerRoad behind the scenes so that when we build out support for Runs and Swims, we can just flick the switch and everyone will have access to their runs and swims right away.

10 Likes

I cannot speak for @Nate_Pearson and team but I suspect this is in the pipeline but more than likely mid next year at the earliest. Of course this is just a guess.

I am hoping earlier but the updates in the last year have been pretty solid in my opinion. This would be icing on the cake along with other stuff we don’t know about.

1 Like

I’m guessing their aim is to have it as big new feature to go along time Nate, Chad and Jonathan triathlon attempts

2 Likes

Great way to roll out, alpha test the features and squash some bugs interally (almost UAT style) before rolling it out

Hey @Nate_Pearson, for now, if I manually add runs and swims as in the Triathlon plans, will they be duplicated once the system back fills my runs and swims? if you need a beta tester, hit me up, happy to beta test…:wink:

2 Likes

They will not be duplicate. We thought of that and that’s why we had the “run” and “swim” categories so that we could auto match them in the future.

11 Likes

That was the very question that was on my mind as I read this thread. Thanks for asking it (and @Nate_Pearson for answering it).

Likewise happy to beta test…

@Nate_Pearson

Just following up on this… used TR for the first time this year to train for a 70.3, just using the bike workouts (and used Matt Fitzgerald’s 80/20 running/swimming workouts).

I want to use the whole TR Olympic Triathlon plan for this coming season - but it really sucks that the mobile app doesn’t just easily show what run/swim workout I need to do. It’s quite a faff to have to open up the web interface, especially if my phone hasn’t kept me logged in.

I appreciate that you are primarily focused on cycling, but even just having the ability to read the workout text from within the mobile app would go a long way to making it a rounded training offering for triathletes.

Cheers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

that’s actually a very valid point. The app should have that, i mean …it’s just loading text technically.

2 Likes

One slight workaround is to sync your calendar to your mobile device’s calendar. When it does that it does pull down all the workout text. I actually find having the calendar sync to be more efficient as it is one of the fastest and most accessible apps on my device.

4 Likes

We are waiting for the release of an updated mobile app. If it parallels the updated desktop app, the Calendar section may (might/hopefully?) will include the Swim and Run workouts.

2 Likes