Sweat damage to phones in jersey pockets?

Don’t close the ziploc.

1 Like

I used to use Ziplock bags, but was gifted a phone wallet (not rapha!). Wouldn’t be without it now - mine has zipped section one side that cash/ debit card go in, an open section the other side which my mask and hand sanitizer go in, and then phone in the middle.

1 Like

Good point. And if using a bag suck the air out so there is no moisture to condense.

1 Like

I’d be terrified to fall on my back and hurt my spine… .but actually that happened to Nikki Terpstra (Dutch pro cyclist) and yes his phone broke, but it probably saved his spine, so yeah. Ziplock bag it is for me. (phone, card/money and a key to the house)

1 Like

It’s actually about the only “hard” thing I have in my pocket, after 7 stitches in my back from a closed car fob from a crash (amongst other injuries).

I use a quadlock “run kit” armband. It’s been sold for me, but you do need their phone case for it to work. It’ll free up your jersey pocket and don’t have to worry about hurting your back if you take a. spill. You can also get a “poncho” for added protection from the rain.

Here’s a cheap alternative for all of you: a phone zip bag made of very tough Dyneema, about $10. It’s the Phone Zip Pouch by Zpacks dot com. Dyneema is very light, tougher than Kevlar and waterproof. Zpacks makes various sized Dyneema Zip Pouches–I also use the wallet size in my jersey pouch for keys, money, and credit cards. I came to value Dyneema fabric in my camping gear and it works well for this use as well.