Sub7 Sub8 on tomorrow

He was covid for the IMWC a few weeks ago, decided on the Nice 70.3 instead then he was drafted into Sub7 last week. So…should be in peak form :sweat_smile:

Yeah I wasn’t really comparing it, just illustrating for those that don’t already know about Sub7Sub8.

Yeah, theoretically, he should be fresh (assuming no long term impact from COVID)

1 Like

I think the bike teams are rotating frequently enough that they should stay fairly mentally fresh, but I don’t envy the athletes themselves having to maintain that level of focus/control for 180km in aero. I did some team TTS last summer and they were tough enough with a road bike and presumably a much more forgiving draft distance :exploding_head:

Blummenfelt is the best triathlete in the world at the moment. Olympic Champion at the Olympic distance, World Champion on the long distance and fastest times at the half and long distance. No one is even close to him.

2 Likes

Kat Matthews team looking well rehearsed.

A bit more haphazard for Spirigs leaders.

5:27 for the last 400m

Much tighter than Spirig’s team, and much more consistent too.

1 Like

Commentators just said that Joe Skippers team trained on the bike course at 55kph for 2hrs…

Enjoying Macca and McEwen in the commentary team. Used to be a huge Macca fan. His book is a good one.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing his team on the ride. 3:15 or less is doable I reckon given his past rides and the team in front of him

Blu will be significantly faster than his predicted time as well I would think.

And totally opposite on the bike.

1 Like

Is Brownlee in the water pacing Joe?

1 Like

Yup

2 Likes

Can’t believe Spirig isn’t running a disc rear. I wonder if she plans to finish? Sounded like she didn’t have a good build up at all with injury and illness.

Are the women’s Pacers Pro Tour?

Mostly UK domestic pros I think, along with Ruth Astle who’s not too shabby on the bike either.

1 Like

Blu out in 48

I always wanted a black and gold bike, when I was 9. :wink:

Well, that adds pressure to the bike.

Maybe its harder with a small team trying to swim together than in a pack of 10-12 or more in a ‘proper’ race?

1 Like

He probably is the world‘s best triathlete right now.
But Olympic distance is a very different sport.
Maybe Jan is not on the level we last saw him at. If he was however, I‘d argue he is the best still, and he definitely is the goat as of now.
Daniela Ryf clearly is the goat and the best female IM distance athlete.

I didn’t want to take away from Kristian or anyone else.
I am just saying that What they did with Kipchoge clearly was the culmination of this sport. The greatest ever, recent World Record holder, in the form of his life.

Let’s not compare these two events anymore.

Skipper made up 1min on Blu. Skipper 53.7kph in the first 20km.