Strava CEO replaced by co-founders

That is my main use for strava, design new routes using heatmaps, but could be a lot better. They have so much user data that they should leverage this as much as possible.

Spot on. They aren’t trying to be TR or TP or any other training platform. They are an activity-based social media platform. I’m 99.999999% sure their subscriber base dwarfs both TR and TP.

Everyone who has tried to emulate Strava has failed…Garmin Cnnect, Ride w/ GPS, etc. ALl those attempts to make their platforms the social media platform of choice have failed spectacularly. (Which, in Garmin’s case is pretty remarkable given Garmin’s market size and the fact you have to go through their portal to get your data to Strava).

But there is no doubt that Strava has been stagnant of late and they need to find new ways to keep subscribers engaged. I know I am dropping my Premium membership this year…brought no value to me. But trying to become another training platform would just be following the failed paths of Garmin et al trying to follow Strava. Their innovation opportunity lies elsewhere.

Agreed. The fact you can’t message other members of the community is kinda mind-boggling in this day and age.

3 Likes

To contrast that, I remember when they first made “posts” a thing and people were complaining that Strava was turning into a social media platform, which it already sort of is…it was ironic to say the least