Stephen Seiler chats with Kilian Jornet

I haven’t been struggling with fueling, figured it out my fueling 5 years ago but am always open to new ideas.

Finished listening and so much of what Kilian said resonated with me. In particular the points about metabolic flexibility and doing low-intensity for a year before the body “realizes” it should adapt :joy:

I guess I shouldn’t say struggle. It is more along the lines of what to believe. Agreed, it was very good. Metabolic flexibility is something I always hear about across a lot of different podcasts. What was funny to me is when Seiler said those coming off the couch go to high intensity then see quick gains and think why not just keep doing it all the time. That is/was me and the newb gains are gone. Time to put in the lower intensity volume and rebuild a bigger house.

1 Like

When I started my low-intensity it was 15mph and 150W. Going that slow outside was mentally challenging. It took a leap of faith to commit. Two years later its 19+mph and +40-50W. All around the same heart rate.

1 Like

Yup, that is me haha. I am not sure on power but averaging 16mph. It is all good, I love riding and love the journey.

1 Like