Training tips to increase your peak sprint power, how to sustainably push your physical and mental limits, techniques to improve your comfort on the bike and more in Episode 262 of The Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast.
Youtube Live Video:
Topics covered in this episode:
- A big thank you to the TrainerRoad Community
- A recap on Round 3 of the LIVE Group Ramp Test:
- What happened to Nate?
- Jonathan’s new tip to improve your Outside Workouts
- Training tips to improve your peak sprint power
- How to sustainably push your physical and mental limits
- Techniques to improve your comfort on the bike
- Did Amber actually go to failure on the last LIVE Group Ramp Test?
- How your Specialty Phase can get too hard to complete
- How to pause your Outside Workout when you need more time for a rest interval
- Is carbon better than alloy for MTB handle bars?
- Nate’s recommendation for protein powder
- Is it possible to make fitness gains too fast?
- Join the TrainerRoad Team as a Front-End Designer
- TrainerRoad’s LIVE Group Ramp Test – Round 3
- Nate’s Choice of Protein Powder: Optimum Nutrition
- Cycling-specific Isometric Resistance Training Improves Peak Power Output in Elite Sprint Cyclists
- Progressive Power Training by Bill Edwards
- Sprinting 101: How to Be Explosive
- Sprinting After Having Sprinted: Prior High-Intensity Stochastic Cycling Impairs the Winning Strike for Gold
- Surefoot Custom Insoles
- Take Your Training Outside: Introducing Outside Workouts
- Outside Workouts: Choosing The Best Routes