Specialized Power Mirror saddle

Not even a little bit.

1 Like

It does feel kinda tacky when new, but the feeling wears down pretty quickly. I think someone mentioned that above too.

1 Like

I tried an S-Works Power Mirror 143 mm for about 1 month and a half. I does not fit me. I tried to change the tilt, setback and height without success.

I’m a guy. I’ve got thick fat muscular legs with almost no thigh gap.

If I sit back, the wings dig into the back of the thigh where the leg meets the buttock. In that area, the skin in contact with the saddle does not move, the skin of the leg moves with the leg and the skin in between needs to stretch and be free to move. The saddle is touching there, pulling on the skin every stroke. It’s gradually building an injury.

If I move toward the front, I’m sitting less on the wide area and more on the front. In that position, the back of the legs are confortable but the saddle is too short so the sensitive parts are sitting on the nose in front of the cutout.

I’ll be going back to the saddle that came with the bike (Specialized Allez Sport 2009). I’m not sure what the model is but I haven’t found more confortable yet.

Here’s some comparison shots.

Looking at your pics, I would have recommended the Romin over the Power for you. I love my Romin Mirror.

3 Likes

Has anyone tried one of these on a MTB? is the nose long enough?

Yes I have on mtb and road. Totally fine for me

I echo the recommendation made by @Pbase; maybe you should check out the Romin EVO mirror which is much the shape of your old saddle. I purchased one because I was feeling some discomfort on the trainer with rides that lasted more than an hour. I had the old Romin, non-mirrored version before, and after purchasing the mirror I haven’t had any issues with longer trainer rides. Before the old Romin, I also tried the Power saddle and like you the shape just didn’t work for me. Loved the asthetics and how my bike looked but the front of the wings just carved up the inside of my thighs.

1 Like

$325 USD for the Power Pro with Mirror, new ti rail model.

• And they even seem to have stock for both sizes.

$450 USD for the S-Works Power with Mirror, original carbon rail model.

3 Likes

I hope prices keep coming down.

AFAIK most conventional saddles still require significant hand labor.

This printing tech at scale could reduce that.

Ignoring the weight of the saddle I wonder how much rail material impacts the saddle. The rails seem like part of the bike that can flex more than most others to absorb bumps and vibrations from the ground but yet I’ve only seen it talked about in terms of weight and price

So I picked up one of the new Power Pro Mirror saddles. It has this yellow tag on it, and the instructions that were tied to it list Carbon Rails. I don’t need to treat these Ti Rails like carbon rails do I? I don’t want to change my seat post(they don’t make a clamp for it for carbon rails)

2 Likes

I just picked up one of the specialized ones, didn’t see the extra $150 benefit of the carbon rails. I was skeptical but am a true believer after my first ride. The grip is a bit different as it’s harder to slide around. I was on a standard power saddle before this and had zero issues on the road but I had a hard stop at an hour on the trainer. No issues with this one indoors!

Mine also had the carbon rails sticker on it. You definitely need 7x7 clamps for the metal rail version and not 7x9.

1 Like

Have any of you guys installed this on your gravel bike? How does the saddle feel in gravel?
I have heard/read multiple comments about “dirt” gravel getting stuck inside, is this really an issue?

Thanks

Mine didn’t have the yellow sticker on it, weird. I bought it for CX as I didn’t trust carbon rails for remounts. I’ve been using the non-mirror Power with ti rails and haven’t had any issues.

Neither did mine. That’s strange.

I’ll be one of the few to say that the saddle wasn’t anything special for me. I didn’t dislike it but it wasn’t noticeably more comfortable than the handful of other saddles I use, so I returned it since my other saddles are $50-75. I guess that’s to say, if you don’t have any specific reason to look for other saddles this thing isn’t some huge game changer IMO.

1 Like

For me it was. I went through a few different saddles before throwing down way too much money on the Power Mirror (with carbon rails) for the road bike. It was night and day. I love it and definitely miss it when riding other saddles. I don’t think I could go back to anything else for the road bike honestly. Is it overpriced? Probably. But my bum really likes it. And I don’t mind spending money on contact points. So when the ti rail mirror came out I immediately thought of my CX bike. The added benefit is the “rough” surface which would be nice for rainy/muddy races where I slide around a lot.

2 Likes

Oh for sure, if you can’t find a comfy saddle the Mirror options are absolutely worth a try. Just saying that with the amount of hype it’s getting I assumed it would be way better than the saddles that I already find comfortable, and I don’t think that is the case.

What is “way better” than “comfortable”?

I think the target market here is people who’ve tried everything else and not found comfort.

I’ll also add the beauty of buying from Spesh is the return policy. I just bought a full face helmet and they told me I could sweat in it all I wanted because Spesh would take it back no questions asked. To me, if you don’t already have a comfortable saddle and can afford to try it, it’s a no brainer. My problem was when I loved it and decided I wanted it on 3 different bikes!

1 Like

I’ve heard of people using it on mtb and it seems like a disaster to keep clean, but I could certainly be wrong. I’m out of the saddle enough of the mtb that I’ve never really even thought about my saddle on the mtb. Out on the road, I don’t really think about my saddle much either. It’s just indoors when I’m not standing and moving around that I was having issues.

Hah good point. Lesson learned.

1 Like