Specialized Frame Warranty

Anyone have experience with the Specialized frame warranty? I was cleaning my Tarmac today and noticed the seatstay is cracked. Of course I can’t find the receipt (the bike is 10 years old) and the place that sold it no longer sells Specialized. Am I out of luck?

are there any specialized dealers in town? Ive had 2 separate occasions that I needed a warranty itemfrom a shop that was closed, and another local shop acquired their sales history and was able to print me a receipt

There’s a few around and I’ve got a call in to the original shop (still exists, just doesn’t sell Specialized).

I had a frame warrantied a few years ago, but they did insist on a proof of purchase. Doesn’t need to be a receipt though…

This might not apply to a bike that is 10 years old but the serial number could be helpful.

You will need the bike’s serial number, which is located on a sticker on the underside of your toptube and/or downtube as well as on the underside of your bike, underneath the bottom bracket. Specialized serial numbers typically start with the prefix “WSBC,” “WUD,” “STT,” or “STE.”

https://support.specialized.com/stat/en/how-to-set-up-your-status/register-your-bike

1 Like

Thanks. The top tube sticker has been damaged for a while and the sticker on the front of the BB was not the serial number; I didn’t think to check the one directly under the BB, which is correct. I probably registered the bike back then.

1 Like

Proof of purchase is kinda a funny one…

A few years ago, I cracked a frame and didnt have the receipt anymore. They wanted me to prove I didnt just buy the bike for the purpose of warranty. I had a picture of me riding that bike in a race back in college, with the year of the race on my race number, which was a year after the frame was mfg’d. They covered it!

4 Likes