So close to getting all Zwift Route Badges

I’m in with the DIRT crew, I get over 100 ride-ons on a 30 minute recovery ride :rofl:

edit: just went back and looked, I had a 15 minute ride on January 9th. 106 ride-ons’s!

3 Likes

It may be…but it is broken up. 11 climbs that will be less than 10’ each for you, based on what I have seen from some of the rides you have posted. And you can coast down after each one, as opposed to finishing on the Alpe with an ~1 hour climb.

That’s right, yeah.
Also, apparently Zwift Insider is saying it’s 2500m of climbing, but the videos I saw were 2200m…

This one really sucked, but happy to have them all now​:white_check_mark::white_check_mark:.
4,000kcal and a blister on my toe later, I am happy to never do this again.
NP=243W (@72kg).

10 Likes

Great effort! I found that course the hardest aka boring.

1 Like

Yeah, the whole of Uber Pretzel took me 4:18+12 minutes decending, so almost as long as PRL, but this sucked a lot more, really didn’t like doing it.

You sir, are a beast! :muscle:

1 Like

That is a great time…I’ll still take PRL Full over the Uber though. PRL is harder mentally, but Uber is a tougher physical challenge, IMO.

1 Like

FYI I’ll be doing UBER Pretzel as part of the DIRT Badge Hunt series this Saturday (March 6) at 6 am EST. Will be more manageable as a big group ride for those interested in crossing it off your list. It’s my last route badge :slight_smile:

Good luck…being in a group will definitely help a lot on the flats!! See the other thread about the Uber ride that happened last weekend. Guys were going WAY under 4 hours for the Uber!

There is also a 3R ride next Sunday for those that want to check off the Mega-Pretzel…

1 Like

Did the PRL Full yesterday and it’s the repetitive nature of the route that really gets to you!

Uber Pretzel was far more enjoyable and the kms can really tick by if you’re part of a decent group.

I did it before the badges existed (so annoying they won’t back issue those :frowning: ).

If I ever do PRL again, it will be in the background while I watch something actual enjoyable via streaming. That repetition is no fun, even if you do it as part of a group.

3 Likes

Ouch - harsh not to award them retrospectively. In the grand scheme of things, these badges are massively inconsequential, but I wouldn’t do the PRL Full twice.

I ended up doing what you did - was part of a group ride and by the end I think there were only about 6 of us left (spread out over multiple laps) …switched to a TT bike, watched some TV and just got through it.

2 Likes

That and my other frustrations with Z are keeping me from doing much of anything in there other than use it for distraction (but that’s another story).

1 Like

They do give you additional XP upon completion. For the full PRL you get 3460 extra XP. So if you are trying to level up then they can certainly help get there quicker.

2 Likes

I know - I meant in the overall context of cycling/training.

Not meant as a slight/insult for those striving to complete the set or level up by any means!

1 Like

If you ride with the pace partners it is pretty easy to get 100 ride ons in a 1:30-2:00 ride

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice with the C Pace partner to get 100 ride ons. I of course was too clever, and chose the B pacer. After like 100 minutes I had shelled out 1000+ ride ons and received 20 or so…
Then joined the C partner and less than an hour later:

Lesson learned

6 Likes

I knocked off the Four Horsemen route today, throwing out ride ons for every rider I came across for 3.5hrs and only ended up getting 81 back/from my friends list. :pensive: I did manage to snag the Lightweight Meilenstein wheelset after getting up the Alpe though! :grin:

5 Likes

C. cadence and you’ll have it in half the time!

1 Like