Single-digit body fat!

You and me both. 'Tis [almost] the season for mince pies and other festive delights, though I seem to have lost half a kilo recently without trying…

Alternate thread title - What % of cyclists have a serious eating disorder?

6 Likes

I got down to 6% this year (from my traditional 12%) but that was when I was recovering from double jaw surgery and couldn’t take on enough nutrition.

On the other hand my FTP dropped by about 20% in just over a month and I lost almost all of my muscle mass in addition to the fat.

1/10 would not recommend.

1 Like

At one point, I could quote Tony and Shaun T :laughing:
I really liked Insanity too. It just works.

1 Like

Ever been measured in a BOD POD? THAT’ll make you self conscious.

1 Like

I hate weights, so i preferred insanity WAYYYYY more.

I did 2 rounds of each. It was pretty good overall, back in the day.

1 Like

I’m close to 10% but I don’t care about the number. I just want to have an 8 pack when I turn 40. I had it when I was 20 and now I want it back. Pure vanity, but I don’t care. I am doing it very slowly and running a very small deficit while working out 6 or 7 days per week and getting plenty of sleep. It’s fun and motivating to see the progress and if I get grumpy, my wife puts me back in my place quickly.

3 Likes

On another note, I am curious how much faster you gain watts when you aren’t always running a calorific deficit in order to lose weight. I assume the gains are significantly better when you are eating a mild surplus.

1 Like

LOL Me too. It does really work, because it’s a lot of work.
“Drink your water people”

“Don’t stop breathin’. You stop, you die.” — Tony Horton

I’ve used that tip every day since.

I’m trying to get back down to single digits.

I’m used to doing this low carb, doing it low fat is such a struggle.

At around 13%, the goal is 7-8%

So a % a week, lets go.

Traditional Base HV will get you there.

Who other than uni students have the time for this?

I wish I could do trad base HV