Saddle suddenly uncomfortable

Sorry I should have been more clear, I have the seatpost marked as well as the saddle rails so those definitely have not moved.

It doesnā€™t. But, sometimes seat post rail clamps can loosen and the seat can move aft and tilt.

As others have mentioned, body composition, as well as any improvement in flexibility/core strength, will have an effect on your position and your saddle comfort. This is a very common experience with your set of circumstances, as any bike fitter will attest to.

Congrats on the significant weight loss! Thats fantastic!

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies all, I took a look at some pics of myself before I lost weight compared to now and I definitely have lost some junk in the truck so I think that is definitely part of the issue. I also feel like my hips and glutes are tighter.
I think I need to wait until local shops start doing fittings again and doing loaner saddles.

Try lowering the nose a few mm first. What do you have to lose?

Iā€™m gonna try this dropping the nose slightly tonight actually, got an easy recovery ride so weā€™ll see how it goes.

2 Likes

I did drop the nose about 2mm Tonight and it was definitely more comfortable, not great but betterā€¦ it was a 45 min recovery ride which are the rides where it is the worst. Iā€™ve got a sis workout tomorrow then Mary Austin Saturday so I think Iā€™ll leave the nose as is for now to test further, if no better I may drop it slightly more.

1 Like

One thing I noticed about myself is that as I got fitter and able to put out more power on the bike, my hip angle got smaller and smaller. In other words, chest dropped, elbows bent more, and butt migrated further back. As a result, at least for these first couple of years, I have been and will continue to reevaluate, tinker, and experiment with my bike fit every few months.

1 Like

I just bought a Power Mirror saddle. Went to an LBS, so I could get it properly sized. Iā€™m a big guy, so my I assumed I needed the larger 155. When they sized me, the recommendation was for the narrower 143. It fits great. Seat width may be a consideration. Losing some ā€œcushionā€ from losing weight could mean that what was comfortable no longer is.

2 Likes