Privacy Concerns

Nobody did any such thing…they posted public information. Information that you CHOOSE to be public.

If I post someone’s phone number that they have publicly listed, I am not divulging private information, I am posting public information.

5 Likes

Well originally you said “that stuff is public?” when it was pointed out to you that people could view your calendar.

You’re position isn’t even consistent, let alone coherent

2 Likes

Still applies…for the moment…

That stuff was open to the public also right?

Let me rephrase then, since you seem to be so concerned about this subtle distinction - I had previously not had had a cause for concern about whether such information COULD be hidden. It was the capacity for intrusion and ill-intent of members of this forum that made me figure out how to hide that information.

Better? Can we move on now? Christ.

Normally as part of a soft delete as part a a RTBF you would anonymise any personal data - the data that makes it identifiable. As GDPR only applies to personal identifiable data. Also, what needs to be considered is legal obligations on data retention… although this is more likely to be financial and public sector rather than the likes of TR

You had previously left your account open and public because you didn’t know there are account settings, common in almost every single app or SaaS that people use. Because you don’t actually care about your privacy, you care about complaining.

It was the direction of people in this thread that made you go back in time, after two years of using the service, to make the thread to complain about how TR uses your data without obtaining your permission.

Good lord.

5 Likes

Yes please! But I’m not your saviour, just a fellow cyclist :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ah right. I guess it’s part of the things still to be figured out by both parties. Can imagine also plenty of EU data is stored in the UK. Especially in the financial sector. But that’s a bit off topic.
(Not that this thread is a shining example of a disciplined on-topic discussion :laughing:)

1 Like

I have question. What could be the solution to your problem? What should TR do NOW to make you happy again? Please. Tell us.

1 Like

It seems you were/are embarrassed about not reading the TOS. It probably should be left at that.

I’m not sure you really understand the word “malice,” but whatever. Pointing out that your Strava profile is public when you initiated a thread about privacy is not threatening or malicious. Completing a Strava or TR workout with your own settings on Public is publishing it yourself. No one did that for you. I have read this entire thread, and there is a lot of patronizing, but not a drop of malice or “stalking.”

4 Likes

Thank you - I doubt this is possible with my wahoo bolt. Never attached it to a PC though.

As far as I know once it is connected to the Internet it automatically uploads rides to the Wahoo Cloud. I dont see any option to switch off this upload.

There were images of my account posted, and also it appears members from here who have made less than kind comments have found me on my strava account. So yea, you can say I view multiple people here as less than well meaning.

A gentle suggestion would be to say what you mean and mean what you say then. When you start throwing around words like those, people get defensive, and conflict (or hilarity depending on perspective :slight_smile: ) ensues. Hyperbolic statements have a tendency to enflame conversation, not stimulate it.

3 Likes

We have nice German words like Kindergarten, Verfolgungswahn, Pillepalle or Kinkerlitzchen. :blush:

2 Likes

I always liked besserwisser

3 Likes

Haarspalter!

2 Likes

Mimose, Weichei

3 Likes

Jägermeister

1 Like

Prinzessin auf der Erbse… ok… getting OT