Polarized Plans for Base training

Thank you, Chad. I brought this up to the team again directly in the Polarized channel. Thanks for providing athletes with clarification, I agree that this needs to be a highlighted detail, and can be missed in the body of the text there.
I appreciate the push!

6 Likes

@mcneese.chad GREAT NEWS! We got the team to update Polarized Plan titles to prevent more of that confusion. Happy day! Thanks for the push on this.

12 Likes

:heartpulse: :heart_hands: :heart_eyes_cat:

Thanks so much for getting this done!!!

1 Like

I personally use them both.
As an example, as i start my training plan for an A race in July 2023 (tentatively) im doing a Polarized block, then i probably will do an SSB1+2 block and if i have more time another Polarized block before jumping into a whatever Plan builder has to offer me

So yer to the original post. Ive actually scheduled the Polarized base LV twice through (I think it suggests you can do this) and at the end of the first run through now. Made this change it as I started back on SSB1, two gym sessions a week and with having a little one now, I was just getting knackered out and couldn’t get any Z2 sessions in around it. Felt a drop in intensity on two of days would be useful. I used to add one or two LIT sessions a week within LV plans but can’t do that now with the family. I also wanted to have flexibility to do a group ride in there as well which this gives in spades. Had a blast last weekend on this and felt good

General thoughts so far. Very happy.