Pedal stack height help

Hi I’m changing pedals on my gravel/winter bike from Shimano M8100 XT MTB pedals to Look Keos (road pedals) as I’m doing no off road riding at the moment.

I have found that the stack height of the Look pedals is 17.3mm. Does anyone know what the stack height of the shimano pedals are?

I just measured mine at about 9.4mm *measured wrong, see below

Looks to be 17mm, keep in mind stack includes the cleat so from pedal spindle to top of the cleat where it meets the shoe. Also google says it’s 14.3mm for the KEO blade but I’d double check the model you have specifically as they aren’t all the same it looks

2 Likes

According to Look it’s just to where the cleat rests on the pedal. That’s the measurement I took. Makes sense that the distance to the sole is more useful though, and I’m guessing that’s what OP’s measurement includes.

1 Like

Can confirm, just measured mine to the sole at 17mm as well. @jb0980, looks like you won’t need to change your seat height to swap between the two pedals. :+1:

2 Likes

I switched from Shimano to Look Keo a week ago. I’m still adjusting the cleats but mostly have them dialed in, thanks to some help on this thread.

1 Like