Paris-Roubaix 2022

Love those two as a pair.

3 Likes

He put his ride on Strava. NP = 341 for nearly six hrs with a few KOMs along the way.

6 Likes

Meh…he had a tailwind. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Someone in my local club had the best comment.

Somewhat unfortunate he didn’t just leave it as, “Morning ride”

I love the idea that there are humans out there that can ride 5:52:21 at the same power I struggle to ride 5:52 at for vo2max intervals. Its crazy to me we are even the same species.

8 Likes

Don’t forget to the big factor of riding in a peloton. It’s one thing to put out considerable amount of power, but it’s a shared effort 3/4 of the race of a pack with drafting, etc. This includes the ride time and those KOMs they achieve which technically shouldn’t count. :slight_smile:

My dual battery ebike with me on it pedaling probably couldn’t do 341 watts for 5:52.21

5 Likes

Great video. Seems to me like Yves set himself up for that one.

It’s a bit like most car vs cyclist accidents etc etc, a lot of the general public, even cycling fans, don’t have any real appreciation how quickly cyclists can be moving.

I think in this scenario, much like I’d recommend to most riders who spend any time on the road, you have to ride more “defensively”. Assume the very worst of those around you.

Nerd Alert podcast about tubeless at Roubaix…haven’t listened yet, so I have no idea what their takes are.

1 Like

Last time I listned to cycling tips a few years back they were very anti tubeless for road bike usage so it will be interesting to hear their views now.