Outside Workout - start new activity for extra volume?

Interested in views on whether it makes a difference to training plan adaptations when adding volume at the end of a scheduled workout performed outside.
With my Wahoo, at the end of a workout it gives option to continue workout or end session. If you continue I continue how should I answer the workout questionnaire? Just based on the portion of the workout that was structured or the whole workout? Or is it better to end the workout and start a new workout for the remainder of the ride?
I know @Jonathan will add volume at the end of workouts and appears to always record as one ride so I assume that can’t be a bad option but still interested in how to answer the workout questionnaire if making that choice.

2 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

@MI-XC has ya covered here!

The post-workout survey is meant to reflect how the effort felt to you during your prescribed workout, so we’d advise you to focus on that part of your ride should you add extra time.

And if you do add extra time, make sure to keep it easy. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @ZackeryWeimer - feels like you’ve based your comment about “keep it easy” after a look at my calendar :rofl:

1 Like

:joy: :joy:

Nothing meant to target you specifically – just in general and for any other athletes reading this thread!!

1 Like