OLD: TrainerRoad Referral Code, Free Trial Requests & Sharing

@mon269 after I used the link that @NorthShoreXC replied with I sent out a referral and it worked so I assume it isn’t too late to use it.

Thanks for the answer, @Lawrence. In my case, I have already registered my wife and paid for a yearly subscription. If I understand the referal system, it is for new members only (i.e. not yet registered). I will try and see what happens but I don’t expect it to work.

As expected, this is what I got:

XXXXXXX has already signed up for TrainerRoad! Have someone else you’d like to invite?

Also, just checked in more details the link and I don’t think there is a way to navigate to it through the menus. Unless you have/know the direct link, you won’t be able to find that referals page.

@mon269 a bit of a “cheat” would be to use another email address if she has one or create another email addy and send the referral and cancel the other account. All before the price goes up on the 8th of course😜

:slight_smile: That does indeed sound like a “cheat”. I will send an email to the support team and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice.

How is it that some have multiple referrals to offer? I see only one in my profile.

How long have you been a TR user?

You earn them the longer you are a member. It’s something like one earned every 3 or 4 months.

1 Like

I’m guessing it must be longer than that. I presently have three and have been a member for four years so not sure that is the correlation?

There is a cap if you have that many. If you share one, you will earn another almost immediately.

Effectively, they are there, but you don’t see more than the max they allow shown.

1 Like

I seem to get them every time I complete a training plan, up to a maximum of 3.

Incidentally, if anyone wants to issue one to someone they know and can’t, PM me.

2 Likes

Thanks. I thought I had seen where individuals have four so that’s what led to that conclusion. It seems to usually take a few days before they refill. I gave away two last week and still hasn’t been refilled. Maybe I have no more left. Usually it’s a day or two and I see them refill.

1 Like

Yeah, there’s usually a few days delay. Not sure on the exact timing of earning, so it’s hard to know how many a person has in “backstock” until you burn em up. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks. Friend wants to try it. Will PM you his details.

I had a free month to give away that I didn’t, now they added a second month with:

Know someone who hasn’t tried TrainerRoad yet? You have two (2) free months to share with friends and fellow cyclists. Go ahead! Give the gift of training!

Now can someone please tell me if this is a two-month trial for one user or two separate one-month trials for different users? There’s still only one set of boxes to fill in.

It is 2 separate, 1-month trials that must go to a different person.
They can’t be combined, and someone who used one in the past can not use another one in the future.

2 Likes

Thanks @mcneese.chad - I’ve given away two so far, and one of the friends has actually converted to a subscription. New addict… But no takers for more trials, so I was hoping it would be a “more attractive” two month proposition. Anyway. Good night!

1 Like

Would love to try one of those free month referrals. 1 month is enough time I think to thoroughly examine the software.

Sent you a message, Kevin - I’ve got 3 in my inbox at the moment. And I would love to bring another user to TR!

1 Like

I looked at my referrals the other day. So far 2 people have used them and 5 haven’t. Guess I’m not sure what people are waiting for. TR seems to be really good about letting you cancel, this isn’t AOL or something

I’ve been listening to the podcast for a while now and love it, it’s my daily commuting ritual. I’ve literally just bought a trainer in the last 2 days and I am looking to improve, however I want to balance outdoor and indoor training as I enjoy riding with my friends and the support that offers . There are obviously a myriad of software options available on the trainer and I think TR is the one for me given my obsession but I am tossing up on whether the lack of that full immersive experience (zwift) is something that is suitable and will provide motivation to get on the trainer and slog it out. I really don’t like to sign up to something and ask for my money back because it makes me feel a little disingenuous and plus the Mrs would be on my back if I didn’t use it. I would much prefer if I could try TR for a few weeks (doesn’t have to be a month) with the full intent of signing up post the trial. If anyone wants to help with a referral with a likelihood of let’s say 80% continuing I would be greatly appreciative. Before I get a response along the lines of “You can’t compare TR and Zwift” trust me I understand particularly after the 100 episodes of the awesome podcasts that I’ve listened to. I am doing roughly 10 hours a week outdoors now but the training is really unstructured and I know I need to do something different to improve various components of my riding. Thankyou everyone - great to be a part of the TR community.