MUST use TrainingPeaks/Zwift. Should I keep TrainerRoad too?

Free TP analytics is pretty basic, so I think it’s a pretty low bar to beat it! Honesty I prefer using TR web view on my phone for a quick review immediately after finishing a ride. And TP mobile (paid) for one or two things.

Like right now I just got off bike and wanted to check some cadence work:

TR analytics is pretty sweet IMHO for some quick post-ride reviewing.

Also I think this free Strava simplified view of my just completed ride is better than paid Strava:

1 Like

Of course :slight_smile: Think TP and basics of WKO in an easy to use package … but I am a tad compromised! You aren’t going to find this chart in TP/WKO. I am styling at the moment!

1 Like

I appreciate everyone’s input. You’ve helped me understand the pros/cons better.

For now, it really makes no sense for me to keep TR. The TrainingPeaks calendar fits my needs well and is what my coaches use, and I can do workouts on Zwift. As @Supermurph19 said, TR is effectively my coach, but I’m being coached elsewhere. Intervals.icu and Veloviewer provide additional analysis that I really appreciate, too.

Given how much the TR platform has improved just in the year I’ve been using it, I have high hopes that I’ll be back as soon as this initial coaching phase passes. As a hobbyist who’s only doing sport for health and fun, I’m getting coaching so I can develop good habits and good form in swimming and get a good start on triathlons, but I don’t expect to continue coaching for more than a year.

Again, thanks for helping me figure all this out.

2 Likes

Hmm, :thinking: so why is my WKO5 showing age adjusted curves at all points on the PDC? I rarely look at it, but I can clearly see how I stack up both on W/kg and W basis.

TP and TR, ditch the ZWIFT idea, thats just for his probably.

TP easily exports auto to TR

1 Like