Muov TiltBike [formerly Muoverti]

I have seen hints and teasers of this bike for around 2 years and we finally have a glimpse at what they have been building. I am VERY excited by what I see in the video and can’t wait to see and learn more about it.

8 Likes

That is pretty cool…will be interesting to see where it goes.

I wonder if they solved the issue of the “reverse tilt” that people encounter when using rocker plates…

ETA…

Muoverti has unveiled a pre-production preview of the new Tiltbikes it says is “the only bike with the physics right, like gravity and inertia.”

maybe they have!

1 Like

Yeah, their video shows proper action in all but one instance I saw. I pulled the following from my related FB post:

My initial impression from watching the movement it that this is as close as anything else I have seen that incorporates Leverage Input (simple up/down force on the bars) and Steering Input (actual left/right steering at the bars) to give the rider a more authentic looking connection to the motion.

That said, it is possible they have some very skilled and practiced riders in the video. We’ve all seen good and bad form on every rocker plate in existence, so I don’t take those few clips as an absolute marker.

But, from what I have watched and learned over their teasers through the years, and what I see in the new video, I am quite hopeful that they have something really special here.

1 Like

Love the integration of the joysticks into the brake hoods…would make it so easy to move a cursor around on a PC. Think about how nice that would be so you could start new rides on Zwift or even quickly return a Ride On!.

1 Like

Yeah, at a quick glance, this is the best looking and integrated “smart bike” I have seen. It beats out even the Kickr Bike at this point for my preferences at least.

5 Likes

Now, pricing remains to be seen…
I expect this to be uber expensive… like in the $5k range…
If its as impressive as they make it sound… I think it will be worth the price…

1 Like

Yeah, will be interesting. Unless they are really crazy, they will have considered the current smart bike market, along with their features and own costs (production & support) and hopefully found a good price.

Considering that they are UK based, I don’t expect instant US access or great pricing in $USD here. I think they may be able to get a premium over the Kickr & Neo bikes in particular, if the ride experience and other features are even close to what is promised/implied. But I don’t think they can live in a different zip code entirely without limiting their potential sales greatly.

Scary thought that just occurred to me, but considering the relative difficulty we hear that Z is having with their hardware division… and seeing a small company with one heck of an innovation at hand… I can’t help but think they would at least entertain the option of buying in to the hardware world vs their current solo effort. :open_mouth:

1 Like

3 Likes

Really need the DC Rainmaker / GP Lama accuracy test :thinking:

Hoping this works well, and isn’t stupidly expensive to push the envelope for all smart bike makers. I really like my Stages SB20, but this looks way cooler, and would love the movement

1 Like

Th part that I love is that you can configure it as a road, TT or MB!
to me that will be a big part of their success (if they ever come to market)

1 Like

Very good point! I remember the first Wii demos back in the days. After buying one, I quickly realized that the presenter on stage was moving like the in-game character, not the other way around.

I hope they enable something like the Stages SB20 dream drive, which I have setup as 50 sequential gears. Really nice when using resistance mode, as it makes the changes between gears much smaller, and you always have the option for larger jumps

2 Likes

Ditto, hoping they have been paying close attention to the other offerings (pros/cons) and may be on the verge of releasing what might be considered a 2nd gen smart bike (despite being their first swing at it). They have PLENTY of opportunities to make something that improves on the notable shortcomings of the other SBs out there right now. Fingers crossed they fix those and raise the bar, to help push the entire market higher.

1 Like

I do like the idea of the belt drive for this unit…reduced efficiency vs. a traditional chain shouldn’t really matter if you are measuring watts at the crank.

2 Likes

Agree. And also don’t get penned in by how existing outside bikes shift. I think there is a need for indoor bikes to replicate all outdoor bike shifting patterns, but they shouldn’t constrain themselves to just replicating what exists.

This is one of my pet peeves with Shimano Di2: my wouldn’t you rethink ergonomics of shifting once you adopt electronic and are constrained by what you can do with physical wires.

1 Like

Oh jeez…you had to go and touch that nerve, didn’t you!!!

That was such a giant miss, IMO…they basically took the exact same experience and just removed the cables from. They could have put shift buttons anywhere and been any configfuration and they basically just replicated cable STI.

At least Mavic Mektronic provided a whole new experience for the rider…multiple shift points (out of the box, not add-ons) and all executed in a new way. Toggle on the brake lever, another on the extensions and up / down buttons near the stem.

Shimano could have done some really cool integrated and ergonomic shifting and just…didn’t.

3 Likes

:rofl:

I nearly skipped posting this because I don’t like the idea in the least :stuck_out_tongue:

DCR just posted:

1 Like

Nice getting the first comment :grinning:

1 Like

LOL, got lucky and saw his link on FB, jumped over to read and found a likely missing word… so figured I’d take the ‘First’ award :medal_sports: at the same time :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes