MTB Inventories

I will say on a positive the TR is awesome!!! So much information! You would think that bikes over 6k would be easier to come by. I am so wrong on this.

1 Like

I would be so frustrated!

I figured XL would be slightly easier.

A chat with the CEO of Santa Cruz about the situation all the bike brands are facing

1 Like

My dealer told me absolutely no Santa Cruz this year and potentially some Specialized, but no way of knowing when. They told me I could order a bike and Specialized would let them know when it was 30 days out. So I could order it today, and in March Spec might say it’s coming in April. Or in November they might say it’s coming in December. No way to know.

I want an Epic Evo, but not sure I want to commit to something now that I may not see for a year.

1 Like

My facial expression cannot be seen, but trust me, it doesn’t look good. My LBS said that BMC allotted them only 2 additional special orders outside of what they had to order in total for 2021.

1 Like

Still just WOW!!! It is great to hear so many bikes are now being bought.

I use two LBS. Both of them told me if I couldn’t wait several months for the bike I wanted that I should shop around. The LBS’s literally told me to order from a different shop. That says a lot.

I ended up finding a top of the line Revolt in middle America where the owner said people tend to shun high end stuff (Giant’s website is great, it tells stock and shop info), so I called him and had him ship it to my Giant LBS for assembly. I paid full price and I paid for the shipping too. This was early fall. Even at that time the LBS told me best case on a new Santa Cruz was February.

4 Likes

Canyon has a good selection of MTBs in stock in CA

1 Like

Yeah, it’s not great.

Got lucky finding a Stumpy evo at our lbs in Denver. They had ordered three of them back in October and thought they’d get them by January. Well, we put our name down just in case back in late January and they called us a week later and said they should have them in a week, but wasn’t 100% sure since orders were already pushed back twice.
Delivered 10 days ago. Got lucky. The waitlist was 10-15 ppl for it.

1 Like

something to consider is searching out frames and not complete bikes…since most people don’t want to go trhough the hassle of spec’d out / sourcing their own bike parts, there may be more inventory available in framesets vs. complete bikes.

1 Like

That is a thought.

This is what my local Trek shop said. Frames easier to get. Components harder.

1 Like

No kidding? I’m going to have to reach out to other Giant shops and see if they’d entertain this idea. I’ve noticed that there aren’t many shops (who aren’t already online retailers) that are willing to do this.

Is there a need that could be filled by the custom frame maker given such limited distribution? Not many folks can pony up $3000+ for a custom frame, but I wonder if there’s a way to increase production and lower cost to fill the gap. Maybe 99% of folks aren’t interested in alloy, ti or steel frames.

2 Likes

I’m also about to drive to either Utah or Arizona for a spark rc world cup which is ‘somewhat’ reasonably priced, but still high, but there isn’t much out there. Plus Scott isn’t dropping a new spark this year unless it’s right before Tokyo

1 Like

I checked Trek website and can’t even find the frame size I need. I have had new brakes on order since lat October.