More S-Works Shenanigans - New Pathfinders

I’m tempted to order a single one to use as a front tire, in combo with a standard pathfinder pro 38mm that I already have on the rear. but the mismatch in terms of appearance would be a no go for me :frowning:

1 Like

That would drive me nuts!

The Pirelli cinturato H 700x35 was my choice for the season. they blow out to 38mm on my rims and feel great so far. I might give the 42 a whirl but loose so much aero is my concern. That probably doesnt matter at my level haha!

I’m thinking these new s-works 42mm + a tire insert would be the ticket.

I’ll throw in a vote too! I bet these are the tires that win Unbound this year.

1 Like

Great! Ian Boswell and Laurens ten Dam were both on prototypes of these in 2021, so it’s pretty likely :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Riding always with tire inserts. Absolute winners!

1 Like

Damn….and I just bought a pair of the 38’s.

I may still be within the return window, though….gotta check. Saving 1/2 pound of weight would be nice!!

1 Like

Let’s see if they nail the weight/durability trade off.

I would give them a shot. I really like my 42c pathfinders.

1 Like

It’s so interesting how different gravel is in different places. One of the reasons I love gravel riding. That tread looks terrible for where I ride.

1 Like

Should be about perfect for SBT GRVL, I reckon…

3 Likes

What inserts are you running?

Tubolight on Gravel, Vittoria on road

Are these new ones in stock anywhere?

For someone who is dedicated to Gravel racing for the last 2 seasons this is going to sound stupid, but why are you running inserts?

In stock at Competitive Cyclist…you can also use their Dealer Locator to find shops that may have them (may require having them ship them to you, if that is allowed under their agreement).

This made me laugh. From a Velonews article by Ben Delaney.

10 Likes

Full respect for that answer…:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

They are hardly a penalty (25g per tire, 1W of RR), but add protection to the rim at low pressure, and in case of a flat, you can still carry on riding. Has helped me to get to a service station, as the puncture wouldn’t seal.

2 Likes

Which specific tubolight model are you running for 700c gravel?

I have Cushcore CX for my 650b setup, but am wanting something lighter for my 700c.