Mid South 2020 - who else? (formerly Land Run)

Coming up in a matter of weeks. Who’s going.

I am not ready at all but it will be a good season opener.

Ive never done it so I have to ask the most loaded question of gravel… Which tires? I know conditions can vary. If it’s dry I’ll be using WTB Horizon 650bs or Gravel Kings. If it’s sort of wet? Super wet?

For whoever has done this race before… How does the half way point work? Does Mid-South provide a service to take your bag to the halfway stop? Are there convenient stores close by that I could stop at? I don’t want to be carrying 100 miles worth of water on me from the gun. This is my main concern and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of information on whether or not there are aid stations or the ability to refill on water.

The halfway point is very straight forward. They have offered a bag service the last few years, I didn’t use it though as I had a support crew. Halfway point is in a small town with several options for snacks and water.

With the website change, they haven’t finished updating it from the old site. Bobby communicates a ton the two weeks leading up to the race. Lots of long email threads with all sorts of info from the route, check point, lodging, expo stuff, etc.

3 Likes

Run what your comfortable with. If it’s muddy, don’t forget your mud stick they give you…you’ll need it regardless of your tire choice.

Thanks bud.

1 Like

Ugh… I need to back out unfortunately. I’ll let my spot go here first if anyone is interested.

I’m probably backing out as well. Big weekend for me, travel, lodging, etc and I haven’t even started SS yet. Just a bunch of endurance and lots of lifting.

Routes are posted!

I just finished a 106 mile gravel event, the Renegade Rambler 100, over the weekend, so I’m feeling pretty good about this as long as the weather holds up.

https://www.midsouthgravel.com/courses