Metabolic (VO2max, Threshold, Efficiency, etc.) Testing for Cyclists/Triathletes

It’s early but, since I started TR early Nov with mid general build my fitness is going in a good direction compared to what I’ve historically done each season over the last decade or so. Since I only use power I’m making some assumptions but, power is up at AT and LT and the jury is still out on my 6 min power (just have not done an all out 6 minute effort yet). I wish I had some data on what HR is doing! I can positively say that I am responding to the quality of intervals the TR platform presents more than anything. My time “in zones” has greatly improved. Given recovery is ok I’m showing decent adaptation.

I am not interested so much in my actual and relative scores and understand what you are getting at from the bolded above. They effectively mean nothing to me other than a nice to know marker. All I care about is raising power across the board and obviously repeatability of those numbers.

One aspect of the testing that I’m going to go back and attempt to improve is the nutrition side of things. I’m simply eating too much, wrong timing of macros, and a little sub par on the quality of carbs.