Marijuana Users (THC)

Cannot believe it took until the end of the day for someone to FINALLY go there. Yay, you! :metal:

3 Likes

And I don’t even partake! Rock on :metal:t3:

Looks delicious. Can you share the recipe with me? My cousin just loves stuff like that. He will visit me next month. It will be his birthday. And I’m thinking about making him an unusual cake as a birthday present, lol. My cousin is a great guy. I had sleeping problems and he helped me to solve it. He told me about these nice CBD gummies I buy every month since then. Fantastic stuff. After taking one you sleep like a baby, also it helps when you have a hangover.

She made brownies but they weren’t special brownies :wink:

1 Like

You’re concerned with using edibles and then say smoking isn’t so taxing. I don’t know! -Actually I think smoking occasionally is ok, but I had to step away from the daily use. I used to smoke cigarettes before cycling came along and while the lung feel of a 1/2 - full pack a day from cigarettes was pretty rough, taking a few strong hits of the MJ makes me feel similar during and into the next day; I’m always curious what my daily burning habit was doing to my lung function? It almost never seemed to bother me during rides? Not that I think it’s any where nearly as bad but I think stoners (like me) gloss over it maybe. And perhaps you’re right about edibles? I use either a tincture or olive oil infusion pretty much daily for relaxation and enjoyment of life purposes. I’m quite sure it’s not 100% harm free however I’ve determined that it’s the sweet spot for me at least now. Really helps me relax and sleep, and I actually prefer it much over burning now. Now I just burn on occasion and it makes it more of a special treat, and the effects are instant which I have to admit is really fun.

Maybe you know where to find a recipe for special brownies?

I’ll send you a message shortly. It’s more complex and simple all at once. :slight_smile:

^ this. I tried making brownies in college and it was a disaster.

A couple sister-in-laws just tried gummies and said it was a mellow buzz. They want more.

1 Like

Just use butter instead of oil and simmer the marijuana in the butter. Use 1/8 to 1/4 oz marijuana per batch.

Little birdie told me this.

2 Likes

Actually, screw it; I’m already talking about it on a public forum.

I don’t like making things like brownies personally, but that being said there’s only one real secret to unlocking the magic of MJ; decarboxylation - heating the plant material to a pretty specific temperature during a pretty specific amount of time allows the THCa (found in raw plant material) to convert to THC which is then bio-available to you via ingestion. That process is called decarboxylation and once you understand that process you can create any type of infusion you’d like. For baking edibles I’d recommend olive oil, or coconut oil, both are pretty close in terms of their capabilities for “pulling” the medicinal effects of the plant into the oil.

I’d recommend googling decarboxylation, and basically if you’re not into making your entire house smell like weed for a day, don’t do it. Also, the first time you place your expensive product into an oven - it’s a bit stressful. If you’re serious about it, and you’re a regular user invest in a product called an Ardent Nova, that “decarbs” perfectly and then you can infuse anything you want; oil, alcohol, butter with the same device. Super convenient and keeps the odor very minimal. Also, zero waste.

In a nutshell this is the only proper way of making edibles:

1. Decarboxylate the product, properly
  2. Infuse the decarbed plant material with an oil of your choosing
  3. Simply follow any recipe of your choosing and add the oil; this is the challenging part. You’ll need to work backwards on the amount of THC oil you need to get the desired effects and the total amount of oil the recipe calls for. In other words you’re guessing at the dosing.

Few reasons why I dislike traditional edibles: getting the dosing correct is challenging, too strong sucks, too weak is a waste. Simply using a full on tincture allows for very easy dosing, one dropper not enough? try 1 1/4 next time. And it’s just cliche’ - I like to think of this as a way of making medicine as much as I enjoy the effects I use it to un-wind and relax. No need to blurry it with baking infusion IMO.

But, you could try making a successful oil infusion, find out the amount you need to get a positive effect (please start small, like 1/4 tsp at a time if you’re not a regular user) and then apply that to your baking recipe - how many brownies do you end up with, and do you want one brownie to equate to one dose? It gets really tricky and I’ll tell you taking too much in is the worst experience ever! So start small and work up slowly. It’s a process and just winging it is when people get in over their heads, they have a terrible experience then chalk up all edible experiences to that. And I can tell you, when you get it right it’s awesome!

There are a lot of details I’ve left out but basically the information is out there and this little bit is what took me from flailing around my kitchen wasting and over dosing, to making a very easy and repeatable experience. I hope it helps.

1 Like

Thanks.

Alternatively if you live in a state like California, just place an order for gummies and have them delivered to your door in a bag that looks like you picked up a prescription :rofl: Although its legal in these parts, I haven’t bothered to give it a try. But my sister-in-laws asked one of my kids to help with obtaining (legally), and they really enjoyed a Saturday night a couple of weeks ago :smile:

2 Likes

Lucky. :yum:

When I visited California a couple years ago I paid a visit to the dispensary. I had an emotional reaction that I didn’t really expect. You mean this shouldn’t feel like a criminal act?! amazing!

A lot of people kind of laughed at me when I said this…but my new years resolution was to become a pothead.

So far it’s going fairly well! I honesty had not smoked more than once every year or two since college (20 years ago). Previously…I used to get stoned and immediately paranoid, or just fall asleep. Now I am realizing that was a dosing problem.

Now, it has been a suitable replacement for a nightly cocktail (or 2). No effects the next day, very relaxing, and sleep is improved. Munchies have been a bit of a problem…I gained a few pounds in January lol.

1 Like

the good old days lol, now its totally legit complete with home deliveries! I went to high school in the seventies, remember when it felt like a criminal act to go to a record store, and roll outta there with a copy of High Times, rolling papers, and Bob Marley cranked up on the stereo :rofl: The stories I could tell :beer: :beer: :beer:

1 Like

well like that’s just your opinion man…

11 Likes

That is my exact situation as well. If not for “tomorrow” I probably would have been a functioning alcoholic having started at such a young age I certainly developed quite a tolerance for intake but the next day was always, “I’m never drinking again.”

At this point I’m pretty much completely dry and have never felt better.

I did vape thc for a year straight. Then a cartridge broke and I felt that resin on my fingers and I wondered if it landed in my lungs anything like I felt on my fingers. It was hard but I slowly put the pipe down too.

Now I’m just boring.

3 Likes

Your username is Trippy, haha I think we know who the bird is :joy:

2 Likes

First hand experience. Love CBD, use it almost most nightly to Improve sleep and recovery, no science just N=1.

Already knew I don’t ride better with any THC. On a night fat bike ride this winter. Had a mid ride stop at a warming house. Buddy pulled out a pipe and we only had 10 miles of down hill left. Once I got Rolling was amazed how great the stars were but my bike just kept going slower and slower. Everyone else was gone but I was really happy until I figured out I had to pedal and hadn’t for a while. Space Cadet!

Great ride but didn’t improve my fitness that night. No THC pre or during a ride for me.

4 Likes

Easiest way for non smoke ingestion is to make cannabis infused milk. Very easy, look it up.

I’m at the point where I have to admit that edibles just do not work consistently with my physiology for whatever reason. I can take~5mg & be flying then a week later ~20mg & nothing. It’s weird & frustrating. And forget sublingual tincture absorption, it just doesn’t work for me at all.

Vape carts are the most reliable & effective for me. I just picked up a couple of 1:2 thc:cbd medi haze carts at the local dispensary & they are fantastic. Going to pick up some 1:4 carts thi weekend as there is a sale.

1 Like