Mallorca 312 training

Just wondering who, if anyone, is planning on riding the 312, or any of routes on offer this October?

How has the training gone? Are you feeling prepared?

1 Like

Thinking about Mallorca as a target for 2023. Just trying to work out whether its best to go for via a pre arranged trip or organise myself. The organised trips look great but you certainly pay a premium for it.

Of those who have taken part, how hard was it to get an entry if applying directly?

Many thanks

I applied directly it didn’t seem a problem but I can’t remember how far it was in advance it was. I think most of my group applied a year in advance and I decided to join then 3 months later. What I do remember I had to pay for the hotel in full in advance :-/

This year you could actually get an entry the day before, either at registration or at certain local bike shops. But with COVID “over” that may not be the case in 2023.

I am curious if anyone is riding or is on the wait list for 2023.

I am on the waitlist and trying to get a sense of timing.

There is one more potential trip to France, which I will take if I don’t make it into 312, and I am also thinking about just making it to Mallorca again anyways.

Emailing the organizers didn’t yield much.

Any tips?

1 Like

They were selling entries on the day, quietly, at registration. And some local bike shops were selling entries a few days beforehand too. I’m on the waitlist too. I’ll be going over and I don’t really care if I get an entry or not TBH as I’ve ridden it before. But I’m 92% confident I could find an entry somewhere once there anyway…

Edit- oops I see I have repeated myself from some weeks back. Nay matter!

2 Likes

While on 312: does anyone have a good strategy, training plan, or wisdom to share on riding the 312? I started a new plan for an 11-hour race. Any other ideas would be helpful.

Build up your endurance. Long, slow and steady endurance. I got my weekend rides up to the six hour mark with 7-8k of climbing and I was fine.

The 312 isn’t a race, unless you want it to be. I did race and a combination of TR Sweetspot / Threshold and outdoor endurance saw me right.

So long as you have a fuelling strategy and pace the mountains, you’ll have a great day :+1:

1 Like

Don’t follow my strategy :crazy_face:

I got round but coming down with heat stroke or something the night before (despite going a week early to acclimatise) wasn’t the best tact. Throwing up dinner then having a feeverish night, before throwing up breakfast wasn’t the best prep :joy:

Mallorca 312 on a dodgy Stomach :-o | Ride | Strava

In hindsight it was maybe more to do with what was developing in my bowel :joy:

Thanks! Did you keep a single power goal or oscillated?

I will be going on a family holiday to Mallorca end of June / July, I hope to rent a bike and do a few days. Mallorca 312 is on my list, was going to do it 2020 / 21 but we all know what happen then.

That’s still a keen time. I was told that anything around the 12h 30min mark was respectable :+1:

2 Likes