Make SIS BETA fuel yourself just a few pence per bottle

Here’s a couple of things I do that have made diy drink mixing MUCH easier.

Instead of mixing my dry ingredients straight into the bottle, I use a plastic container. It’s easier to get the scoops into, and it allows me to pre-mix and store a bunch of bottles worth of mix.

These were crystal light drink mix tubes that I’m repurposing. They are flexible, so it’s easy to pour into a bottle, and have a lid that snaps on. Each of these has my mix for a 1L bottle.

It’s tough to get a bottle mixed all the way. There’s always clumping and trying to vigorously shake the bottle always results in some sticky leaking. Using an immersion blender with a whisk attachment solves the problem.

I start with a bit of warm water in the bottle, just enough to cover the bottom. Then dump in the mix from one of my pre-mixed containers. Then fill the bottle to about 3/4 full. This allows the blender to do it’s thing without splashing over the top. Run the blender for 1-2 minutes straight. If clumps are forming at the top just run the whisk around the surface of the liquid to break them up. Once it’s mixed well, fill the bottle the rest of the way and give it another 30 seconds with the blender.

I don’t know if this has been suggested before here. Just thought I’d share since it’s been working great for me.

Cheers!

5 Likes