Losing power and motivation with Endurance Diet

Agree. That was the “slow adjustment” I referred to.

Thanks for the feedback!

Sounds like you’re still stuck on keto/low carb. Lunch is a salad with a “protein”. Add a sweet potato, etc. Think grains, starchy veg like potatoes, butternut squash, and the like and legumes for higher calorie carbs than veggies.

Ah. Apologies :flushed:

Note to self: Mouth meet brain, he is supposed to be in charge

What do you consider “good deli meat,” and why?

thanks

Something that is tasty! :slightly_smiling_face:
(As long as cycling is a hobby, IMHO you shouldn’t overdo it.)

1 Like

As a rule of thumb nothing that is pre-packaged. That doesn’t mean it’s great, but I certainly don’t need caramel color, preservatives, etc. Some fresh sliced chicken breast or turkey breast is fantastic. Both are pretty lean. I’ve even smoked some of my own for sandwiches, but its nice to have it cut nice and thin from the deli.

1 Like

Old diet had more nutrient dense foods that are bio-available to humans. You were getting way more nutrients and healthy fats. No fat in that new breakfast unless you have a little from the yogurt and very little protein which is the building block of muscle.

So, the change takes time. I would recommend moving slowly to the new “perfect” diet. Make small step in that direction and stay consistent. Consistency is key.

Also, IMO, no need for any of the added refined sugars, ie. 1/2 tsp to coffee, yogurt with “fruit” on bottom, even the Ezekiel cereal. For me, these only swing my bodies feeling to drastically form end to end as the sugar is regulated and digested. I would HIGHLY consider ditching the sugary desert, except on rare occasion.

Oils and fats are important to research and count. I’m not going to deep dive here on quality vs. junk fats, but not all are created equal. Even good fats can be overdone. Think yogurt, milk, added oils to cook veg or potatoes. I use water to cook these things.

I also need to be eating the correct amount (or as close to as possible), of good complex carbs. You must stay fueled appropriately for the work of training and adaptation.

It is also important for me to eat enough. But, once I refine the content of my diet, I can eat enough and till keep ideal weight or lose weight with small adjustments.

I use My fitness pal to track what I’m eating and I have found that it is helpful to keep record of what is going in my body. It takes time to get used to using the app, but once it is up and running and you figure out how to enter foods, and how to create your own foods for regular input, it is super helpful.

Lots to learn…it takes time, but there is lots of low hanging fruit. Be patient, and consistent…my 2 cents

try skipping the late night ezekiel…don’t see why they’d add that, any specific reason? if you need something at night, celery or carrots would work.

maybe portions are lower now? i could see the breakfast being really lean if you don’t get enough carbs from it. just a thought.

Brendan