Long Term Fitness Progression Graph Request

I guess I am confused. The Strava line graph above is nearly identical to the one in the TR TS graph. Sure, there are the green bars with TSS mixed in, but the bottom 1/4 of the Strava graph is that same basic data.

In those two aspects, they show the same info, just in slightly different ways (Strava = separate/stacked, TR = overlapped). Maybe TR could add the option to show one, the other or both with a radio button as one possible improvement to “simplify”.

• That heads down the road of the new refrain “TSS does not equal Fitness” which is what Strava and others using the common related terms (CTL = Fitness, ATL = Fatigue, TSB = Form/Freshness). It’s disputed in some circles and considered misleading to the point that people can fixate on these details to their detriment.
  • This is a question best directed to TR support for review. A “progression” is related directly to the workouts and rides pulled into the data.

• As you can see, I have a decent ramp present in my chart which is following TR plans (Low Vol this season) along with manually added Endurance rides and such. That also includes the results of AT tweaking the plan on my calendar along the way. So if you are not getting trends you expect, TR should be consulted.

I guess asking this in a different way, what metric(s) and/or method of tracking would you like to see that isn’t offered in the Training Stress chart at present? Or do you just want a stripped down version more like the Strava one?

I just find this interesting, because commonly we hear TR users lament how little info is offered in this area and ask for more. More than a few people add things like Training Peaks, WKO, Intervals.icu and the like to get deeper info. TR has insisted on keeping this more bare bones option compared to those, even if it’s a touch more info than the Strava version.

1 Like