Long term business travel and training

I’m about to buy one! I am torn between that and Post, but Orucase has been way better answering questions.

How is Alberquerque? I’ve always wanted to go. A friend made a snide comment about it, saying it wasn’t a nice place. Thoughts?

Are you from New Mexico?

I prefer the Orucase purely because it is smaller and more easily fits into a compact rental provided by my office.

I am not but I work there a lot. Get ready for some elevation and climbing. It’s one thing to get up the mountains, it’s another to do in in a group ride. However, Sandia Peak is a great excuse to do enough work to validate a carne adovada burrito from Garcia’s and the descending taught me a lot about confidence in corners. Definitely do it, butt bring enough cassette to get up when things go sour.

I’m going to keep this going, but changing it up. I have a one-week trip next week and was planning to run a couple days instead of taking a bike. I did my first run in 25-years last month, started slow with just 3-miles at just under 9m per mile, and my body was devastated, lol. My back hurt, legs ached, etc. How should I fit this in with cycling? Do the runs in a fatigue state or are those different muscle groups? I was planning to rent and ride an MTB one day, will be in El Paso, not sure where to put the runs.