Let's see your paincave!

Had an accident recently busting my front (waiting on replacement) while road tripping through the South Island in NZ. Decided to look on the bright side and push my dreams of an indoor training setup earlier. Found a sweet spot in my flats garage and can’t wait to get going!

20 Likes

Was working for you, wasn’t it? That said, sometimes I would be glad being outside instead of in the basement :wink:

2 Likes

Nice! This was my setup on vacation in Maine in the summer of 2019.

20 Likes

Wrong forum section mate? :slight_smile:

1 Like

For sure! A pain to have to thread a power cable out via the cat flap and shift things around to make space each time but putting that effort in made sure I took the efforts seriously!

I actually much prefer being out there in the cold, I’m sure I get more out of my workouts when it’s freezing outside!

2 Likes

Still a few more things to finish up. Getting there though.

38 Likes

That looks fantastic

2 Likes

Yup, was going to guess that – the muskie, walleye, Packers rug pretty much gave it away. Then you sealed the deal with the old-fashioned gave it away. :slight_smile: Great riding there; I’ve done a lot out of the Boulder Junction area in the summer, both road and mountain. Great nordic skiing too so a year-round delightful place.

As a matter of fact, so many good outdoor options I’d have a hard time training inside!

1 Like

There is a whitetail mount in there too! We are on the east side – around Phelps. I was going to drive to Ironwood to hit up Big Powderhorn but instead I bailed and took the workout on the scheduled day. I love riding up here and I can find all sorts of roads and trails to ride.

F… me, little things? That looks perfect already!

1 Like

Absolutely agree! I was cooking 90 minutes today, Galena +1 with no fans. Heat Adaption I guess.
Honestly I guess the none existing cooling is holding me back quite a bit.

1 Like

This is where the hurting takes place:

18 Likes

Sure, I’m over 50… but I’m still willing to be adopted into a loving household (with a paincave like that!!)

3 Likes

Did I renovate my basement just to improve the pain cave? This is the question I ask myself occasionally. Added a full bath directly next to it as well.

29 Likes

Added a full bar directly next to it as well.

Fixed that for you :wink:

8 Likes

Brilliant!

I moved to this house 2 weeks ago… still need to make some changes but I really like it (views of the ocean are nice!)

47 Likes

I love this setup :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

New flooring is essential, treadmill, rollers to be set up. Weight plates and extra kettlebells due over next couple of weeks. Major extension in the planning so the space will be improved sometime this and next year.

Little helper in pic 2 prepping for her workout. It’s half a double garage in Scotland.

22 Likes

NOT my pain cave, but this is epic!

Training is tough to fit around a busy work schedule, but I’ve figured out how to make it happen. I either train early or I train in my truck. Yes, that’s right: in my truck. Trucks have lots of room inside, so I got rid of passenger seat and put my Wahoo trainer in there, and I do my intervals while my truck gets unloaded.

83 Likes