Kolie Moore's FTP test protocol

I cannot get this to work with my wahoo, I can export the workout as eg .fit but when I open it with the elemnt app I get a bad gpc tcx error

I couldn’t, I ended up building one in TP

2 Likes

Maybe some will find this interesting

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3NiuZttMId/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Did you do ftp detection before or after the tests?

Interesting that you still went with 310, rather then 304 from your longer FTP test, considering that is probably the most accurate one?

Yep, Kolie would no doubt say 300 (which is 10% less than 329!)

1 Like

@ArHu74

BlockquoteDid you do ftp detection before or after the tests?

I did the FTP detection before completing the first test, which was the ramp test.

@Derailleur > Blockquote Interesting that you still went with 310, rather then 304 from your longer FTP test, considering that is probably the most accurate one?
and
@alexgold123

Blockquote Yep, Kolie would no doubt say 300 (which is 10% less than 329!)

I generally agree with you, but I’ve done so many FTP tests in my life, including Kolie’s tests, that I “feel” where the FTP should be, if I use his words. The last test was done ad hoc and with some fatigue in the legs, which skewed the results a bit. I think the current number is right, but I’ll adapt it if needed.
Posted this just in case someone might find it interesting though.

4 Likes

based on the 1w loss of avg power between 30 and 40min id lean towards agreeing with you.
Do you have wko? Would be curious what the model spits out.
If not I’d love to plug your 3 test files in myself

I don’t have WKO, sorry. What do you mean plug files in yourself?

If you want to send me your fit files from your tests, I can put them in my wko5 and show you the Power duration curve graph

If you have Strava premium you can see an ftp estimate, similar to WKO. Same comment if you have Intervals. I vastly prefer WKO, but there are other options.

Oh, I see. Sure I can, if you give me your email or something I’ll send them to you (tried to message on TrainerRoad, but FIT files aren’t supported.

@KlemenSj

For the unaware, the model has a teeter totter effect. Higher sprint skews lower ftp and tte vice versa

So here it is again with one of my own sprint files added

37min is where its modeling 310. So I think you have a great RPE gauge of your ftp. good job
Kolie says the model in wko5 (wko4) skews heavily towards a 20min test and rates mftp higher than he likes. so the model says 326 w/ 31min TTE

*big caveat would be how much your actual 20s and 60s/120s best efforts might change this.

1 Like

That’s interesting, thank you!
I’m also glad to see my RPE is well calibrated :smiley: