Kickr Bike V1, long term reviews?

I also considered waiting for the next price drop. I think it was about $400, maybe $500 between price drops and I think the first price drop was about 2 months ago. I would think they would wait as long for the third price drop and it would be somewhere around the same amount. So my thinking was, I have to wait until maybe January and with Christmas around the corner a decent likelihood they would sell out between now and then, so I said, for $400, let me just secure it now and be content.

2 Likes

Thanks for these replies. I pulled the trigger and cant wait to start using it. I tried REI to avoid shipping costs as recommended but sadly they were sold out so I ordered direct from Wahoo.
Did anyone do the extended warranty?

2 Likes

Interestingly, I just checked and the V1 bike is back up to $2999. So, Iā€™m glad I bought it at $2279 on 11/8. However, interestingly, it hasnā€™t shipped yet. Iā€™m assuming that because of the white glove shipping that it doesnā€™t fall into their 1-2 shipping promise for in stock items, but I guess we will see.

Well, just went through and added gritty grease to the seatpost and steerer. My seatpost was pretty well dialed in (as in, not moving), but my bars would drop about 2cm a month. Too slow to notice but after a while Iā€™d feel ā€œstretched outā€.

I also raised the standover height as I didnā€™t like how much seatpost was exposed. Though there arenā€™t any measurements, itā€™s about 2cm per letter.

2 Likes

I also picked one up at the lower price so Iā€™m happy with that. I got an email that mine has shipped and the shipping company will call me for delivery. Itā€™s been over a week since I got that email, but still no call about delivery.

1 Like

This shipped last night from a warehouse about 4 hours from my house. Hoping to see it tomorrow.

Looking for a little advise on fit. I just picked on up cheap.

I tried the photo process and it seemed to get it kinda wrong. I then tried my retul fit measurement but these didnā€™t seem to work either though this could be as i have a 20mm setback post on the bike the fit was on.

Any advise what measurement to take from my current bike to make the kickr feel the same?

Also in some gear when you change and lower cadence i get a kinda low whine breifly, is this normal?

Here is a good option that covers most of the bases. Get the measurements from your bike of preference, them match them on the Kickr Bike.

And here is what I made for my own use over the years:

4 Likes

Super useful!

Then pp those measurements into the app to calculate the bits to move? Or just donā€™t bother with that at all?

I have not used the Wahoo setup app, so I have no idea if the data from Park or my sheet will be appropriate to plug in and get good data.

Try it if you want and think the data is comparable for the desired input. But simply repeating measurements manually is my goto if that fails.

1 Like

Just received the Kickr Bike.

Is there still no way to use the bike in anything other than ERG mode for TR workouts? For me that feels like a major drawback.

Why wouldnā€™t you be able to use other modes?

I have no idea, but I and others have had issues using anything but erg mode for TR workouts. When you select ā€œresistanceā€ in the TR app all the resistance falls off for some reason. If thereā€™s a fix for this I havenā€™t found it.

Interesting. I just had my V1 delivered and hadnā€™t heard of that issue. Though I use ERG in at least 95% of my workouts. But Iā€™ll mess around with it. Is it only TR or are people having the problem with Systm or other apps?

Took delivery of the Kickr Bike V1 today and had my first ride so these are just some initial impressions. Not too bad to set up, the app walks you through everything. I have it on a rocker plate right now and no issues with that, though I did add air to the rubber balls to support the extra weight of the heavier bike.

Then I used the Wahoo app to take a picture of my bike to get the measurements. The app was very buggy and Iā€™d turn my phone into landscape to take the picture, but then Iā€™d rotate back to portrait to do the wizard but it kept the picture rotated. I had to reboot the app over five times to get the picture to show up correctly to mark the measurement points. Super frustrating. But once it worked, it was actually super close to the right measurements. I followed their suggestions, then measured my saddle height and setback, which was only a few mm off what they suggested. The stack and reach were almost spot on as well, off by a few mm.

Zwift time. The first thing I noticed, or didnā€™t notice I should say, was the noise. I keep my drivetrain clean and wax my chains, but this thing is nigh on dead silent. Just a quiet hum of the belt and flywheel. Pretty awesome perk in my book. I messed around with the elevation tilt and itā€™s pretty cool. It really tilts back. I canā€™t wait to try Alpe du Zwift soon. The big letdown was bar tape. Pretty annoying to spend $2500 on a piece of equipment and get some cheap bar tape thatā€™s about as thick as wax paper and probably as durable. Come on Wahoo, get your sh!t together. That will be swapped out soon as well as the bars. No major complaint there, just want something narrower to match my road bike. Already have my Power Arc saddle installed. Actually might buy the cheaper Mirror to ease the back side this winter. And itā€™ll definitely get itā€™s use.

Now on to the data. Now it was just one ride, but I did notice that it felt off, too easy in fact. I dual recorded with my Assioma pedals and their my benchmark. With my previous Kickr and Kickr Core, the Assioma were 8W and 10W higher respectively (the Kickrs measured lower). Made sense as their might be some drivetrain losses, but they were consistently right there. I knew my Kickr was 8W less. This Kickr Bike is 4W higher than my Assioma. Which was weird. Anybody else getting higher power from the bike? I zeroed the pedals after installing. Just wasnā€™t expecting the bike to be higher. Will continue to dual record some more and see if that stays that way. Either way, my goal is to get a consistent offset so I can change the workout based on what source Iā€™m using. One of the reasons I bought the Kickr Bike was to have my road bike ready to roll at all times, so Iā€™ll eventually leave the Assioma on the road bike.

Overall, happy with the purchase so far and looking forward to starting my winter base.

2 Likes

I have not had issues previously. But that being said the last couple months Iā€™ve only used the Erg mode so if it got messed up by a recent update I wouldnā€™t have noticed it. Iā€™ll try resistance tomorrow pending how my sprained ankle is feeling

1 Like

I have not owned any power pedals at the same time as the bike so I have been able to site to comparisons. However coming from an OG Elite Direto to the Kickr bike I found that the same watts/efforts felt harder.

Not sure if it was an actual difference or perceived due to some sort of fit or comfort change (or no rocker, different saddle, different bars/tape). In the end I decided to retest my ftp and ended up dropping it >10 watts. Needless to say it was an ego hit :smile:

In the end I did the same as you and figured numbers are just numbers and are what I want is the same consistent measuring stick

Out of interest has anyone had the front top reach adjustment clip work its way open during hard intervals? Mine was doing this today.

awesome, mine comes on Monday.

With the rocker plate, Iā€™m assuming it fit well on the rocker you were using with the kickr? Were there any issues with that? I have a rocker that has a pretty decent size deck using the Mike Myers style shape from Chadā€™s Rocker Plates Facebook group. It seems like it should fit fine, just was worried a bit about having to recreate something.

I have the Lifeline (KOM copy) rocker and it fits fine. This was when I first set it up. I have since moved it forward a bit to center it more. But so far itā€™s been good. May mess around with the air pressure in the balls to get a good sway.

3 Likes