Keeping White (road) shoes box fresh

Does anyone have any tips on how to keep the toes of the shoes free from scuffs and marks? I “sometimes” catch the front of my shoe with the tyre when turning tightly (very slowly of course) or turning in at a juntcion.

I have thought about putting white electrical tape at the points where I sometimes get contact, but that wont be a pretty, nor will dirty shoes though.

Do people face the same issue sometimes or am i just a simpleton.

2 Likes

Mine have some marks there. I find for my Bontrager XXX shoes a magic eraser can remove basically anything from the surface however they do have marks from where the tire actually scrubbed the material a bit, not bad though. These are a year old.

I think @Jonathan has a new pair of white S-Works he may be able to chime in too

6 Likes

I just wipe my shoes down after every outdoor ride, or once a week of indoor use, with a diluted cleaning solution. Right now that is Pedro’s Orange Peelz. The little tire scuffs should come off with a little rubbing.

And I don’t wear them in rain. I have a pair of non-white shoes that I detest that I will wear in suboptimal weather conditions.

Yes a magic eraser is the go to tool. Pretty great even for yellowed shoes.

1 Like

This!

Baby wipes :baby: :baby_bottle:

2 Likes

I also use baby wipes. After each ride, give the shoes a good wipe down. I have white SWorks7 shoes. Occasionally I will get a a tire scuff, bug impact, etc… Baby wipes have not failed to keep the shoes looking new.

2 Likes

I use baby wipes too, I find they’re the best I guess I was unlucky and just got a deep scuff. I mean it looks clean now but there is a mark :sob:

1 Like

:%s/dirt//g

4 Likes

Upping this thread as I saw latest @Jonathan ’s latest video on his white laced SW recon shoes.
They look amazing! As I’m going to buy the new SW recon as well, I was leaning towards the orange - cactus bloom - violet color as I was scared of keeping the white one ‘fresh’ on dirt for enough time before justifying a new pairs lol
Has anyone new products or methods to share to keep them as much clean as possible?
I know baby wipes after every ride and I try to keep my rides in fair weather … anything else?
Maybe @Jonathan could chime in… If I remember correctly you also had the previous model in team color which was white and black and used it at Cape Epic which was quite muddy
Maybe we could modify the title to encompass all white bike shoes…

Remember that Magic Eraser is an abrasive that will leave micro scratches in whatever it is used on. Yes, it will clean your shoe leather, but will also damage it.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d like to try to avoid it…

As a former shoe collector, simple green and a microfiber cloth will take care of 98% of your typical ‘marks’ or grime.

2 Likes

When you fly to your next race take them to the shoe shine stand at the airport.

I’ll sometimes use a Clorox wipe on outside as well as the inside. Works quite well!

1 Like

I use this and give it a clean up whenever dirty. Often I’ll spot clean after every ride. KIWI® Sneaker Cleaner | KIWI® Products. It works well.

I also gave them a spray with Kiwi Extreme Protector spray when they were new. I think it’s silicone based. It helps the grime wipe off easily.

2 Likes