Keeping White (road) shoes box fresh

Does anyone have any tips on how to keep the toes of the shoes free from scuffs and marks? I “sometimes” catch the front of my shoe with the tyre when turning tightly (very slowly of course) or turning in at a juntcion.

I have thought about putting white electrical tape at the points where I sometimes get contact, but that wont be a pretty, nor will dirty shoes though.

Do people face the same issue sometimes or am i just a simpleton.

1 Like

Mine have some marks there. I find for my Bontrager XXX shoes a magic eraser can remove basically anything from the surface however they do have marks from where the tire actually scrubbed the material a bit, not bad though. These are a year old.

I think @Jonathan has a new pair of white S-Works he may be able to chime in too

2 Likes

I just wipe my shoes down after every outdoor ride, or once a week of indoor use, with a diluted cleaning solution. Right now that is Pedro’s Orange Peelz. The little tire scuffs should come off with a little rubbing.

And I don’t wear them in rain. I have a pair of non-white shoes that I detest that I will wear in suboptimal weather conditions.

Yes a magic eraser is the go to tool. Pretty great even for yellowed shoes.

1 Like

This!

Baby wipes :baby: :baby_bottle:

2 Likes

I also use baby wipes. After each ride, give the shoes a good wipe down. I have white SWorks7 shoes. Occasionally I will get a a tire scuff, bug impact, etc… Baby wipes have not failed to keep the shoes looking new.

1 Like

I use baby wipes too, I find they’re the best I guess I was unlucky and just got a deep scuff. I mean it looks clean now but there is a mark :sob:

1 Like

:%s/dirt//g

2 Likes