It's Freaky Friday!

Bringing Lionel back to kickstart the weekend. TGIF folks!

1 Like

From wild and crazy guy to wild and crazy bikes!

2 Likes

Is “x-treme” riding good for cyclist-public relations? :man_shrugging:

I dunno, but I need to learn how to do the middle-aged version of this. :laughing:

2 Likes

It’s been fun to watch Fabio grow from his street trials roots and take that into his massive DH direction. He’s an entertaining rider with massive skills.

Watch Hans Rey for the ‘middle aged’ version! :smiley:

1 Like

I still have all my Hans Rey VHS trails videos that I watched many, many times when I was learning how to ride trails. He taught me how to ride and I’ve never met him. :wink:

There’s quite a bit of his stuff on youtube now, some old and some recent stuff too. I just love it, if you want to know how to never grow old as a mtber, watch him.

1 Like

He’s a consummate professional and a model of how a sponsored rider should step their brands. All-around awesome guy from everything I’ve ever seen and heard.

Guys like Jeff Lenosky, Ryan Leech and now Danny MacAskill, Chris Akrigg followed and continue the trend. Gotta love the trials foundation for pushing MTB skills to the limit :wink:

1 Like

To be fair, ‘No Way!’ was doing that kinda stuff long before he was middle-aged! Didn’t he jump over the TdF peloton once? :thinking:

That all depends on how much was improvised and how safe it was. Last year the freerider Sam Pilgrim and a buddy did the same thing in Tokyo, and it wasn’t received well to say the least. They apparently didn’t really secure the area they were riding in, putting other people at risk and ignored local customs. This is very different from e. g. Danny MacAskill’s exploits.

How about Twisted Tuesday?

Can’t not share a new Danny-Mac vid on the day it gets released…

1 Like

We look out of the house at the scene of “that” accident of Chris Akrigg. He fell the length of one of the most serious rock climbing routes on that crag

WOW! That’s an interesting tidbit and place to live :stuck_out_tongue:

He sure had a rough one from that but returned and has done so much since then.

@Nate has outlined his gym workout for getting swole, @chad has his strength standards… But has anyone considered the Danny MacAskill routine?

2 Likes

Here’s another routine(?) performed by Danny(with Hans Rey, Gerhard Czerner)

I wanna do that!

2 Likes

The pro peloton is pretty boring compared to every day krazy & kool riders from around the globe:

Gravity Biking
( 124km/h downhill…on a pedal-less uber bodged contraption…with the occasional passenger! :scream: )

And this guy…who will always be more awesome than you! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Behind the scenes of Danny’s latest vid.

I know it’s not technically Friday, but with this world-wide imposed endless weekend, all bets are off.
Plus, this is waaaay too good to not post!

A shout out to all those in Spain who can’t ride outside. :fist:
(and to those curmudgeons who think modern fixie hipsters started the whole kamikaze traffic thing!)

2 Likes

COVID-19 Edition.

When 8.5 million people disappear…so freaky.

1 Like

That is awesome :sunglasses: :sunglasses: