IQ2 Power Meter

What the project and deliverable in exchange for funding? They ran into a unsurmountable problem that was not part of the fund raising because they said it was already solved! Second, it was to be completed over two years ago. That’s the bait and the switch is the pedal that hasn’t materialized.

So what was the funding for? What was the project? When the triple constraint of a project (schedule, scope, & budget) changes beyond recognition, it’s no longer the same project. Were you given a choice to accept that change or back out? (Back to the funding criteria, again.) That choice was not given. You maybe fine with the substitution, but that doesn’t change the facts.

2 Likes

Someone appearing to represent iqsquare has posted a comment on one of their own Facebook posts (with all the usual aspirational hashtags) with an update:

1 Like

Honestly, they’re so full of shit. I appreciate I’m not being polite but there’s ZERO reason they can’t get all the other parts ready for the PCBs to turn up.

So what will happen next is that the PCBs will turn up and then the rest of the parts will be unavailable, because reasons…

1 Like

Pardon my ignorance but what is a PCBA and where does it go in terms of production process?

It stands for printed circuit board assembly, it’s basically the electronics that make the pedal smart

1 Like

Printed circuit board assembly. Includes the circuit board itself and all the components that are soldered to it. For a pedal-based power meter, it’s basically all the electronics.

Yup, agreed.
To be honest, it still seems as if they are stemming against the tide.

1 Like

I had been a backer of the Spinn Coffee Maker for about 2.5-3 years when they had promised a 9 month deliver from initial backing. At 3 years I managed to get my money back. About a year later, they finally managed to get a device out. I wasn’t in the mood to wait that long, but they finally produced something.

It is just the nature of kickstarter things.

I have several that I have received a device, and definitely a few big ticket items that were never delivered. You are never promised a product in a funding platform.

2 Likes

I wish people would remember for a minute this isn’t only a Kickstarter deal, these guys have been taking pre orders on their website for quite some time now and can’t get off the hook quite so easy

5 Likes

Agreed - but many people will be going to the iqsquare website (unaware of the Kickstarter/ Indiegogo background) and look to place a ‘pre-order’ and be told that it will ship in December 2020 … when it clearly won’t.

2 Likes

It says Q1 2021 now, but with every passing month the promised delivery also moves another month. Carrot on a stick

1 Like

I really wish people would stop making patronising comments about IQ2 backers not knowing what a kickstarter project is. I think we’re all fully aware. The problem here is IQ2 have systematically lied about the product - at launch and consistently since. As far as I’m concerned that gives me every right to feel angry.

2 Likes

I don’t know that they are lying. I think they are incompetent.

2 Likes

More excuses. So over two years of underestimating the task at hand makes one incompetent but saying it’s be ready next month months after months doesn’t equate to a lie. May be after the first few misses but at some point it becomes more than a delusion. Keep the faith.

Should never attribute to malice what can be adequately attributed to stupidity.

I just get the feeling they really want it to work but just don’t know how to finish up.

2 Likes

I say lying because at launch they claimed their meters were “fully tested” and only needed the money for production. Lie 1. The concept was so fatally flawed that it would/should have bee revealed by even cursory testing. Lie 1 - first and biggest.

Since then they have given numerous dates for delivery, knowing at the time they didn’t have the physical components, let alone time for testing. Lies 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Many of the subsequent lies have been used to attract more funding from their online store knowing full well that stated delivery dates were physically impossible.

I’m not sure what else to call those other than lies.

1 Like

Another social media post showing 10s of axles, hopefully this means at least a few might be getting something this year

1 Like

There is a big difference between being incorrect and lying. Based on this comment I believe you either don’t know the difference or you don’t understand the situation. Starting a business like this is hard, and based on this thread it sounds like there are a lot of people that could go run it better, the effort would be much better suited to starting new businesses than complaining on how slow these guys are.

Mikeferguson1980
Not sure why you’d reply to my post without addressing what I said. I made certain specific observations about the way IQ2 have behaved. You are just talking vague generalisations about business life in general. Don’t patronise by saying those who aren’t pleased with the way this company treat their backers “don’t understand”. We understand all too well.

3 Likes

I’m sorry my response was received that way, I thought it was a clear response to the statements made

1 Like