๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ Introducing Plan Builder! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

I attempted to add a race 2 months after an already created plan builder plan. I tried first to add the event on the date in the calendar, and when that did not update, tried adding the date by selecting a date within the plan and then adding the race on itโ€™s correct calendar date. Neither approach extended the plan builder plan to include the future race. I see and update button, but selecting this does not extend the plan builder plan. Is my only option to wait until the current plan builder plan is completed and then add the future race?

After using the plan builder starting on 5 November, it choose me 6 weeks of SSB II, 8 weeks Build ( Sustained Power Build ), 6 weeks SSB II, 8 weeks of Specialty ( Century ) and 1 week of recovery. I already have a few years of interval training and do some more training without being indoor, so I opted for: training load - 6 to 9 hours, volume - low, experience - expert. My big goal is for an ultra in late June or early July with about 600Km and a lot of climb, 15000 mt. After reviewing the plan I noticed that both 6 weeks of SSBII, before and after the Build phase, have exactly the same training workouts and my question is whether this is normal given my A race or if it wasnยดt better to do another Build/Specialty ? Another question is what type of specialty do i have to choose, Climbing Road Race or Century ? Keep up the excellent work.

Iโ€™m probably late to the party but what a fantastic feature you guys have created! Congratulations to the whole TR Team :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

Suggestion:
it would be awesome if we could also select the Style of training, like for example: Sweet-Spot (Current Default, I believe) or Polarized?

Anyway, Keep up the good work guys :grinning: :+1:t2:

1 Like

@Rizzi

Weโ€™re working on it. Right now, your custom plan is only recalculated if you add a new event within the scope of it. We want custom plans to recalculate if you edit or delete an existing event as well - itโ€™s on the to-do list! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Your existing custom plan wonโ€™t recalculate if you add a new event past its end date, only if you add a new event somewhere within the scope of the existing plan. What I would suggest is recreating your plan through Plan Builder with the original start date and it will pull in your new event(s). You could also start a second custom plan with a start date after the end of your existing custom plan. :slight_smile:

Have a suggestion, not sure if this has been already suggested. This is a long thread.
When builder asks to choose a start date, would be nice for it to open the TR calendar so the date can be chosen from the calendar itself (like when adding a workout, annotation etc. for example).
I personally do not have all my dates in my head, so I have to look at my current TR calendar to see, surely not the only one and just an idea.
Thanks for all the great things you all do TR.

2 Likes

I have set up Plan Builder with my A race being a 162-mile Gran Fondo in July. There is a warm-up centruy ride end of May as well.

As I am reviewing the plan, the longest ride is only 2 hours - where my A event will be around 9 hours.

Right now, I selected the amount of time dedicated to training to 6-8 hours/week, so I assume it it using the restraint to develop the plan. However, as we get closer to the event - I will be able to do much longer rides on the weekends.

What should I do? Is there a way to adjust overall training time in the coming months, or should I keep it the same and just ratchet up the time on the weekly โ€˜long rideโ€™ on my own and keep everything else the same?

Iโ€™m sure there is a scientific analysis that works, but I did a similar thing pre-TR. Rode to get fitness & developed muscular strength & efficiency. In the months before the GF (100 miles) I ramped up my weekend rides from 50-60-70-80-90 miles never exceeding the 100 as that was saved for the event itself. Did OK, last quarter was done in excess of 20mph so I was pleased I sustained the effort.

Just created my first plan. Iโ€™m currently in the last hard week of SSB I (Mid Volume). Though I have no events scheduled, I chose no events but 1/2 iron triathlon goals. I was surprised that I wasnโ€™t directed to do SSB II, particularly Chad always preaches that you should always start with SSB I and II. Iโ€™m going to modify but just surprised.

Some bugs are still there:

1 - My week 12 thats the current week (I started SSBI MV week one on october the 1st) mixed SSBII trainings from week 6 with some build trainigs week 4:
SEMANA 12 (6ยบ SSBII) com inclusรฃo BUILD S4

2 - From week 27 on several days have more than one training sheduled:

What should I do, deleting the wrong ones takes some time, I have to look one by one for those that dont belong to that week plan accordingly to the phase they are in.

Would be good if you could enter run and swim events - triathletes often do events that donโ€™t involve cycling, and we donโ€™t want to maintain two calendars.

6 Likes

It seems like there are quite a few features that could be added to this for triathlon specific training. Iโ€™m loving TR and the workouts, it just seems like the product team should add a reviewer that uses their tool for triathlon before rolling features out.

1 Like

Just wondering if someone could have a look at what i got in terms of a plan. (Full Distance - Low Volume)

Base - 12 weeks
Build - 8 weeks
Base - 8 weeks
Build - 1 week
Speciality - 8 weeks

The 1 week build seems strange? would a half base and build be better than a 3/4 base and 1 week build?

thanks, love the new feature.

1 Like

I would apply for this position! :slight_smile:

Honestly, I think TR is doing well including anything for Triathlon. Nate has said they want to get one sport right first, before expanding. My gut says other sports have been included in the development so they can add them without going from scratch.

2 Likes

Yeah, looks like itโ€™s aiming for the repeating base/build up to speciality but that 1 week is too little and likely to disappear in the melee of real life.

Whatโ€™s your current training level, and is that plan with just one season ending event?

Current training level, is overweight and out of shape HA!.

coming off an ok race in Aug for Ironman. then really nothing since then. So it should come back soonish

Yes this as it stand is my only major event.

But you do bring up a good point as that week will probably disappear in real life.

1 Like

No worries with starting on Base then, worry about the rest later :wink:

Feature Request - @chad has mentioned many times that 2 (maybe 3 at most) days of intensity would be sufficient to stimulate adaptation without burning you up. Could a feature be added to choose how many days of intensity you want? I see the default (as with all TR plans) is to have 3 days of โ€œDifficultโ€ intensity and 1-2+ more of โ€œModerateโ€ for a Mid Volume plan. If I could choose 2 days of intensity and then the builder select the 2 most important days for me, that would be wonderful. I have found that with 3+ days, I get too fatigued to keep progressing.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info and quick reply.

Plan Builder is just one step in our master plan. Weโ€™ve got more in the pipeline that will hopefully address more customization.

16 Likes