🎉🎉🎉 Introducing Plan Builder! 🎉🎉🎉

I have all my weekly races which is 40 in there and 3 weekend races so far and picked one as my A race. It planned around the weekly races. Amazing tool! With that said make sure you pick the proper designation for them ABC. I had two A races two close together and it gave me that no dice you need to fix this.

I went through the Plan Builder process for a few Triathlon events coming up this season but get an error message at the end.

Any ideas why?
Thanks.

Awesome - thanks for the detailed response! I think we’ve got it pinned down. It’s a weird one. I’ve made an issue for it, so it’ll get worked on.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh, I whole heartedly agree. That’s what I do too. I’m just thinking about the ones who can’t get past it. I’m sure there are a number of users who just can’t get past the terminology and pick an event type that is similar to the one their doing…even if it isn’t a race. Without doing the user research, I’m sure there’s a percentage there that gets a little miffed by it.

Not sure if it’s been raised already, but the ‘scroll-jacking’ seems a bit OTT since the feature came into general release. A teeny bit of scrolling and the inertia takes me all the way to the top or bottom of the schedule!

(Safari 12.1.2 on Mac OS 10.14.6)

1 Like

We noticed this, too. It’s issued up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for not clarifying on this one. We tied the workouts to a proper opener workout based on the warm-up post, but they should be scheduled the day before the event.

1 Like

Hey @foottraffic we’re going to have someone reach out to see if we can reproduce the issue you are running into.

The best way to handle this is to start the plan in the past. Either 1) on the start date of your existing plan or 2) a past date that lines it up so you or starting on a phase in the new plan. So let’s say the plan builder suggest base then build then base then build then specialty. You want to start on the first build. Just look how many weeks of base are in the plan and start that many weeks back.

Hope that helps and it’s not too confusing

1 Like

All makes good sense @Nate_Pearson and pretty much as I thought. I think the big win is in the plan being able to adjust as you add races ‘mid season’. Most people that have listened to the podcast and/or done a reasonable period of structured training have heard and likely experienced the benefits of taking an off/post season. Great work. :+1:

1 Like

Hey, thanks @Bryce and @aydraper for the answer. This indeed sounds like the best solution! I clearly wasn’t smart enough to think out of the box and go back into the past :smiley:

Thanks. When I made my plan (2 weeks ago more or less) even choosing openers to B races in the plan no opener was placed the day before the B race. Was it not working at that time? Do I have to do the plan again?

And by the way why only in B races appears that option to add openers? I’d like to have an opener on A races for sure as for C races I’m using them as group rides so don’t realy need a opener on C races.

There have been quite a lot of bug fixes and improvements, so I’d make a new plan. You can start it on the original date, if you’ve started training with it already. And yes, there are now openers for A races too.

2 Likes

I’ve been reading posts here from the start. I now some issues have been dealt and others are being worked on but don’t remember seeing this being announced has fixed. Too much posts and sometimes a fast reading may made me skip it.

About the plan I’ve already done the current one to start in the past (since 1st October). Finishing ssbII this week. That’s not a problem. Only want to make sure I have selected manually the correct opener that the plan Builder would have done if working at that time and also verify if the inclusion by plan Builder of the opener would have changed the plan on previous days compared to my manual inclusion of those openers.

The switch for openers now says ‘add to B and A races’ afaik. To be honest if you only care about the openers, I’d switch them out manually.

1 Like

If there’s no change in the previous days by adding openers that’s correct but without testing or someone confirming that besides including the opener the day before the race, there’s no other change in trainings selected for that week, I’ll never know if my manual schedule opener is enough.

Event calendar has only been published here in Ireland. It cause me to change events a bit. I could add a B event and it recalculated, however, I changed a B event to a C event and no recalculation happened (I was left with the taper/ opener).

I haven’t been able to read through all of the posts, but plan builder would have been a great time to allow triathletes to load different volumes of running and swim workouts. I know at least I personally would like to be able to choose low volume bike and runs, but the mid volume swim workouts. Or just delete the swim or runs that TR adds.

1 Like

As someone recently suggested to me, the third workout is the most demanding and most important of the week. If your Saturday ride is very demanding, you may be better served by switching your workouts around like this:

• Medium TR workout on Monday
  • Hardest TR workout on Wednesday
  • Easiest TR workout on Thursday

If you do something like that, your back-to-back days are hard followed by easy, so you get the most benefit out of the most important workout, and your hardest workout is on the opposite part of the week from your Saturday club ride.

1 Like

I guess it’s not supported. I asked for that question to be included into the FAQ:

2 Likes