Indoor training camp - the stars have aligned

I am a married father of four. Due to unbelievable circumstances next week, I will be “home alone” for 7-8 hrs every day for the entire week.

I am currently in the middle my base period (SSB 1 low vol). I feel that I should make good use of this opportunity. Therefore I will put together a mini indoor training camp for myself.

Any ideas on workouts to put in there? Should I focus on sweetspot workouts or should I perhaps just use one of the 8DC courses that already exist in the TR workout pool?

B

If that gift was given to me, at least one of those days would be a nice, epic outdoor ride in the hills/mountains. Don’t forget why we do this!

3 Likes

And after that epic outdoor ride in the mountains, some craft beer and :pizza:

1 Like

Ha! I live in Iceland and conditions for outside epicery are turning sour fast these days. :iceland::dash::cloud_with_rain:. Albeit I will be riding outside some.

Excuses, excuses! :laughing:

If outside epicery isn’t a realistic option, I probably would look at SSB Mid or High Volume 1, and add some of the rides (Petit, the longer weekend ride, et. al.) or substitute the longer mid-week rides for your normal SSB Low rides. You could also sit and spin two-a-day style for recovery, or load up some Zwift rides just for fun on the “off” days. No limits, I just wouldn’t blow myself up with a bunch of VO2 or Sprint stuff that you’re not adapted to right now.