I’ve got this weird drinking thing. Is it just me?

There’s your problem.

Not really…How fragile would we have to be to suffer organ damage from simply not drinking for a couple of hours? :grinning:

You can drink water before you exercise.
You can drink after.
You can even drink during…you just don’t need to.

1 Like

I’m not talking about damage, I’m talking about optimising function.

I’ll just stop drinking then, I’ll get all my liquids from the food I eat and I’ll be fine. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve got a silly story about that. I’m in the camp where I’ll drink during a bike workout to get rid of the feeling of a dry mouth but after long/intense sessions I’ll be hella thirsty and seemingly unable to stop drinking.

Weirdest race I ever ran was the Great Wall Marathon in China. It was in May and I’d come off a wet and cold UK winter/spring of training and as such was totally unprepared for 28 degree weather. On my way around I drank a cup of “energy drink” (God knows what brand it was) and took a 500ml bottle at every aid station and the aid stations were not far apart. It’s also a long event as Marathons go as there are 5,164 stairs on the route and horrible slippery ramps; the course record is just north of 3 hours and I finished in a bit under 7. I didn’t need to pee for the entire event and by the end I was convinced I must have hyponatremia as I’d drunk what felt like my own bodyweight and didn’t need to go! :laughing:

Turns out I was fine and I was just sweating a ton the whole way around :rofl: When we got back to the hotel the cheap beer tasted like the nectar of the gods!

2 Likes

And we’re back on track! :wink:

2 Likes

:rofl: