How to qualify for 2021 olympics

I’ve got so many sarcastic responses I’d quite like to make.

But if you do turn out to be the next Kelly Holmes then it will be nice to say we knew you before you were famous.

2 Likes

They wouldn’t be the next Kelly Holmes - 20.1 on no training would mean you would be a global superstar to eclipse Usain Bolt! :rofl:

Usain didn’t run the 800m and 1500m though…

In terms of all around domination a better comparison might well be to Michael Phelps.

I’m just honoured that one of the best all round athletes ever has come to us for advice :joy:

5 Likes

Sorry to the doubters. I’m here for advice, not to get into a dispute with anyone.

I actually live in dewsbury, in west yorkshire. I am not a member of any club but i think there is a harriers in huddersfield which is about 10 miles away on leeds road. Do you think it would be a good idea to contact them, not sure if they are UK Athletics affiliated running.

A lot of sarcastic comments about fresh talent, but a female just showed up to the USA qualifiers and qualified for an Olympic marathon time, and the qualifier was the very first marathon she ever ran. So it’s not out of the question at all.

1 Like

Yes

Indeed - but the OP said he could knock out a 20 sec 200m as well as saying he fancied the 800/1500m - in fact the more I read this thread the surreal or delusional it sounds :rofl:

Would she have come top 6 in the world last year?

Either the lad is taking the mick or there has been a big error in his timing.

1 Like

Come on man… this isn’t even slightly believable! 1:45 without training!?

1 Like

Assuming you being on here you ride a bike too?

Could be a decent career in triathlon ahead of you if you don’t make the Olympics. You are just up the road from the British Elite HQ too.

Yep you do get new talent but a better comparison to these times is someone turning up unknown and running 2:18 in the marathon as the top 20 odd women are now running sub 2:20 - and even that person mentioned was a serious athlete not a …I jog a few times a week and lift some weights!

1 Like

Yep Kyle Langford who placed 4th in the World final in 2017 must be gutted as his pb is 1:44:97 with years of training - so 3 hundredths quicker than this guy knocked out by just rocking up at his local track! :grin:

1 Like

The only potentially redeeming possibility of a shred of honesty would be if this guy doesn’t realize he’s on a non standard track…

2 Likes

That could definitely be the case, we have a lot of non standard stuff in the UK, my school track was only 300m because they weren’t allowed to encroach on the cricket pitch.

4 Likes

This is pretty entertaining! I really really hope it continues. :popcorn:

3 Likes

That’s probably it then! That would be way more believable! I remember doing a few meets in college on a 280 m indoor track… it was super weird to start at various points on the track depending on the event!

1 Like

Was thinking maybe the track was in yards, not meters.

3 Likes

He still be pretty swift! :grin:

2 Likes

Most old “yard tracks” are 440 yards which is only a very slightly different… actually it would be slightly longer than the current standard. 440 yds = 402 m