Help picking a light bar and stem

Best guess is 15.5 lbs (overall setup when you are done).

I recently purchased the 2019 S-Works Tarmac w/e-Tap AXS. Details are below. Total weight is 14.8 lbs (using digital scale; probably right at 6.8Kg UCI limit). Assuming all other things being similar in weight, the 3 places your setup may likely be heavier than mine are:

1. Larger frame size
  2. Chain rings (AXS chain rings are single piece of extruded metal - no spider)
  3. Non integrated power meter
    Note: My wheels may be slightly heavier than yours

Details:
54cm frame
S-Works 40cm handlebars
S-Works 110mm stem
e-Tap AXS 12speed shifters, drivetrain
Integrated Quarq DZero (36gm delta)
Roval CLX 50 wheels with 26mm Turbo Cotton tires
Durace pedals
Arundel carbon fiber bottle cages

1 Like

Thanks for this! We’ve got almost the same setup.

This bike will have 11 speed etap, 11-32 cassette, clx 32s, gp 5000 TL and titanium speed plays.

I bet I’ll be about .5 lbs heavier than yours like you said.

Ha. Yeah. Easton is one of our sponsors so I had to throw this out for you!
Didn’t want to build up an Emonda SLR with H1 geo :wink:? I say this knowing you have an in with Specialized. Still, the Tarmac build is very cool. Congrats. :clap::clap:

Is the Edmonda disc lighter than the tarmac disc (Frame and fork)?

I like the tarmac because it’s got some aero cred too. The were out of black frames so I have this red and yellow frame that will clash nicely with my TR kit :laughing:.

You know, good question. Going disc probably changes things. They’re probably very close. Tarmac even lighter by a fuzz. I think the Tarmac has gotten considerably higher in recent years. So you’re probably in a good position. I know my SLR (54, H1 geo) rim brake with aelous 5 tubulars is sub 14.5 pounds with a stages. The tubular wheels are the largest savings for me. They’re race day only and if something happens I’m up a creek without a paddle. But, they’re so light and aero.

Regardless of all that jibber jabber - you have a sweet setup.

1 Like

I’m gonna say get yourself a custom super bike. A Parlee Z-zero can be built with your height and riding characteristics in mind and fit you to a T in all ways. Plus their paint department can give you a trainer road paint scheme if you’re inclined. I’m not affiliated with parlee, I’m just a fan of their work. There are other bespoke carbon bike makers out there that could also make you a frame that fits you best. I’ve got a Ti zanconato on order and I can’t wait to receive it. Just not looking forward to paying for it.

In short, treat yourself.

1 Like

In addition to amazing aero capabilities, you are going to love its power transfer capabilities! The 2019 Tarmac has a real “snap” to it for sprint accelerations. For comparison, I have been riding the Specialized Roubaix for the past 4 years. In just 4 rides on the Tarmac (using “Pete Morris form sprints” :slightly_smiling_face:) my wattage in the 15secs to 2mins range has jumped by 50 to 200W. See WKO4 screenshot below.

Wow, that’s really good! The bike is in and it should be built up for this weekend. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I seem to remember you saying in a podcast that you use 40cm bars… Is this true and how do you find them?

I am a few inches shorter than you and the only width I can find in the aerofly bar is 40cm, I normally use 42 either I get 40 or wait until more stock midway through the year…

I like 40cm bars. It relieves neck pain for me on long rides and it’s more aero! I never want to go back, and I might try 38 one day.

@Nate_Pearson literally just built up my SL6 disc yesterday with v similar spec (see photo). Did you manage to get/use the Venge-style plastic cable transition kit on the bars to hide the cabling? Would you mind posting a couple of photos of your cabling solution around the bars and routing??

Thanks! Francis!

image|666x500

Oh - and @Nate_Pearson what Garmin mount did you go with??

Mine cable routing is nothing special.

I did a k-edge xl mount with go pro adapter for videos and lights.

Light Bar??

How are you going to mount that on your bike? :grinning:

That’s what I thought when I first read the title. Sometimes I’m an idiot.

1 Like