Help! I'm stuck

I think doing no physical activity during your break would send you nuts. You are not a couch potato, and mentally trying to be one would not be at all good. I think a social ride to the cafe with friends/ a bit of hiking, or any other hobby you have that isn’t “training” .
I’ve just come off a month of no TR or structured training, and just did 2 -3 easy rides of under 1 hour. Also some walking and the usual jobs looking after the horses.
It wasn’t planned, but I hit a real low spot after failing some workouts towards the back end of SPBMV. Also our CX National champs were cancelled till 2022, and another lockdown caused me anger/frustration/ and lost mojo, added to feeling tired, coping with DOMS ,and a Bakers Cyst that is causing grief. I decided the only way to get over all this was to take a break, and plan to start SSBLV on 30 January. Things are going better now, and I am able to do the workouts at the FTP that is 30w higher than when i started TR in March '20.
I am not comparing my experience with yours. But some of the things you listed are similar, and even if you don’t feel tired, or depressed, it does sound as if you have plateaued and need a change in your training. The other posts on here have made suggestions, better than I can offer.
Keep us posted with your progress :smiley:

1 Like