Hello I have just fractured my femur

It takes time, you have to be patient. I could fake walking w/out a limp for short distances after about 3mo. It was probably around 6mo before I didn’t have to concentrate on doing so. Even after 6mo, I could still feel a dull pressure on the side of my hip and/or in my glute, more so w/fatigue. Almost 2yr on now, I still feel it, but nothing painful, just the occasional tightness which reminds me to loosen things up w/stretching, massage gun, and roller.

From day 1 of rehab, riding the turbo was easy compared to walking. Ride the turbo easy to loosen up, warm up, sanity, etc… Then get off and do your physio routine (bands, balance, body weight, etc…) Again, it takes time and patience. There will be weeks where you feel like no progress, then one day suddenly something releases or changes for the better. Keep at it!

I almost forgot about the lower back. The psoas run from your lower back to the top of your femur, lesser trochanter to be exact. In my case, I also broke off the lesser trochanter. It was floating close enough that it was left as is, assuming it would reattach. Anyway, my point here is that it sounds like you too will need to strengthen your psoas. When weak, it makes it harder to flex the hip joint, harder to climb stairs or walk uphill. Can you stand or even sit down and lift your knee high enough to put your sock on comfortably? I couldn’t for a long time.

Patience!

1 Like