Have the plans changed?

You’re right the Saturday sessions seemed to have been updated recently. I recall the week 7 session being 3x20mins threshold. Intriguing.

1 Like

Hey all!

We use workout completion data to better understand the stresses of a training plan and use
those learnings to constantly optimize our plans. When a workout shows an unusually high rate of failure among athletes on a training plan, that suggests that it does not fit with the plan progression and we alter the plan slightly by swapping in a workout with demands that more closely match the demands of the rest of the plan.

In other words, this is nothing to worry about! Just evidence that we are constantly learning and improving :+1:.

8 Likes

Thanks Bryce. Thumbs up to all the continuous improvement going on around here. I’ve gone ahead and manually updated my calendar with the swapped-in weekend workouts.

Hi Bryce, just had a B event covid cancelled, so changed my plan with plan builder (added a different B event). Do changes get reflected automatically on a plan rebuild?

If you recalculate your plan in any way, you’ll receive the most up-to-date version of that plan, which includes any tweaks or changes that have been made to the plan since you first applied it :+1:.

1 Like

It looks like to me since March 1st, Kaweah was replaced with Kaweah +1 and Galena + 1 was replaced with Galena +2. I can’t say I’m thrilled about that with those workouts coming up! :slight_smile:

@Bryce : maybe it’s a good idea to give a dialog box when exiting a workout…
when people just quit a workout because of time factor or other reason… You can use this data to have a better insight why some workouts were abandoned… a better overview also give better insight to adaptation to the plan builder…

1 Like

Bryce is no longer working at TR. The new TR Community Manager is @IvyAudrain and will be the right one to tag or contact for these comments.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, we agree! Understanding why folks are failing or abandoning workouts can definitely help us meet athlete’s needs more effectively. I’m not sure what the execution of that will look like, and a dialogue box may be tricky to interpret from a data standpoint, but we hear you and agree! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Maybe a series of checkboxes rather than pure text so you can control the number variables

1 Like