Guidance for 10-15 hours weekly indoor training

Unintentionally, I’m basically at the 15hr breakdown in the chart with LV plans + recovery rides + z2 / free rides. I think it gives me intensity with the LV sessions and I have the freedom on the weekend to free ride, which often ends up being a long z2 ride. I personally prefer to add to a lower volume plan than do a higher volume plan and not complete scheduled workouts. I also feel better on Tuesday if I do an easy spin on Mondays vs taking the day off. One of the advantages for me of TR/erg mode is keeping recovery rides under control. For SSBII and SusPB I think the real trick is finding the schedule that gives you sufficient recovery to smash the important workouts.

During base (14-15hrs) my schedule is / was:
Mon - Lazy Mountain
Tues - LV Tuesday workout in the morning (60min) + Pettit or Pettit -1 in the evening
Wed - LV Thursday workout in the morning (60min)
Thurs - LV Saturday workout in the morning (90min) + Pettit or Pettit -1 in the evening
Friday - Pettit -1
Saturday - 4hrs Z2 / free ride
Sunday - 3hrs Z2 / free ride

During build (13ish hours?) I will be doing this to prioritize recovery for 2 of the workouts:
Monday - Lazy Mountain
Tues - LV Tues workout (60-75min V02) + Pettit-1 in the evening
Wed - Bald Knob or Pettit
Thurs - LV Sat workout (90min threshold/over-unders) + Pettit or Pettit -1 in the evening
Fri - Optional LV Thurs workout (60-75min threshold) or Pettit if smoked
Sat - 3.5 hrs Z2 / free ride
Sun - 3hrs Z2 / free ride

1 Like