Group Workout Room Code Sharing

Homer’s Nose

Wednesday Sept 1 0530 CDT

Anyone turning up @bigdaddynewt ?

Are others still using this? I don’t see anything on the calendar. If there’s interest, I’ll probably do a series of rides over Thanksgiving.

1 Like

Reading between the lines about Nate saying originally that they wanted group workouts to come after adaptive training, I foresee something like a Xbox live matchmaking system for finding people automatically. Then everyone can do a similar, optimized workout with people whenever they want. I imagine that’s the originally planned goal that, hopefully, will revitalize Group Workouts.

4 Likes

That would be AWESOME!! Meet new people, and sweat it out!!

1 Like

It’s a shame nothing came along to replace this…I really enjoyed it when Group Workouts first came out and there were so many people all jumping on publicly shared rides

4 Likes

Did a group workout today so people are still using

1 Like

But without some sort of a lobby or easy way to share workout room codes it will never really get popular. And a way for each rider to do their own planned workout instead of what the host is doing.

1 Like

Yeah, what I would like is a connection between adaptive training, and group workouts. e.g. workout is selected to overlap with others looking for a group workout.

I think the other thing missing is the whole social network aspect e.g. following other users, preferred training buddies, blocking of users etc. So quite a lot of work required to get to that level.

Its time for Disaster, full version. 17th, 3 pm cet.

1 Like

Nice one - but that’s 1am on a Monday morning for me. Would be a total disaster for the week if I did that