Fueling Short Workouts, Bike Choices, Spring Classics and More with Cannondale Pro Amber Pierce – Ask a Cycling Coach 237

@ambermalika, I encourage you to try more running, even if you never plan to do a triathlon. As frequently stated, our bones need a certain amount of “pavement pounding” to remain healthy, though as we all know, it is easy to overdo it. And similar to what someone on the Podcast said recently, “To become better at running, run more.” :slight_smile: You should probably get a coach, too.

I disagree with Greg LeMonde’s famous quote, “It never gets easier, you just go faster.” My theory is that when you are starting out, it gets easier and you also go faster. The easiness takes a few weeks to appear and you may not notice it, but a lack of easiness will be apparent if you start training again after a layoff (especially after a hospital stay). Attaining easiness slows as you approach your limits, just as attaining more speed slows.

(Disclaimer: Okay, I confess that I don’t swim and that I’m waiting for my heel to stop hurting before I start running again. Still cycling, though.)

2 Likes